Mikeygrig85
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

BBC radio stations missing in TuneIN

I have today come to find BBC radio Stoke on my SoundTouch app and it isn’t listed. However it is listed on the actual Tune In app.

Can this be added to your tunein section within your app?
3 REPLIES 3
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: BBC radio stations missing in TuneIN

Hi Mikeygrig85,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

Very odd, as there are many other local BBC stations on there already.  I'll enter a ticket to see if we can have this added to the TuneIn source.

In the meantime, does it show up under the Internet Radio source?  If so, you can listen to it from there until it's added to TuneIn on the Soundtouch App.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

**EDIT**  Upon further investigation, it looks like it is geoblocked on TuneIn's website.  This is interesting, because I can play multiple other local BBC stations without issue.  Are you able to play it directly from the website?

Mikeygrig85
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

I am able to play it via internet radio option. I can also play it on the tune in app on my phone along with other speaker products that use tunein.
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thank you for the info.  I've gotten info from the escalation team, they recommended that you contact TuneIn support, as they are the ones that have restricted the station, and hopefully can remove the geolock.  I would send them an e-mail to their support address (support@tunein.com).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support