Jules47
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

BOSE SOUNDTOUCH® 20 SPEAKER

Hi, looking for help. Just purchased a Bose SOUNDTOUCH® 20 SPEAKER. I have set it up with the Windows 10 app (instructions very poor in this regard and had to seek a YouTube set of instructions). I managed to get it up and running eventually (took two hours to search and watch YouTube), including with playing from my music library in the desktop, internet radio (very good) and a high end Cowon player that only has a 3.5mm jack. The sound is great, but it kept cutting out after about 5 seconds on every medium.  It happened continuously. Then I would turn it off and every few minutes it would beep at me as if I have an action outstanding.  At my better half’s insistence I have to unplug it.  Tried again the follow day; same behaviour.

What am I doing wrong? Is the unit defective?  I am included to return it as it just does not run probably, but before doing so I wanted to see if anyone here could help.

Thanks, Jules47

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: BOSE SOUNDTOUCH® 20 SPEAKER

Hi Jules47,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

How far away is the system from your wireless router?  We want to make sure that it is fairly close to the router.  You can check the signal of the system by going into the SoundTouch App, and going to Settings>About>[Your System] and reading the RSSI value.

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Jules47
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

Re: BOSE SOUNDTOUCH® 20 SPEAKER

Hi Brandon. Thanks for your reply. The wireless router sits in the same room, at the same level (on a chest) and within 7 feet line of sight. As I was within the 14 day return time I returned the product as not working. The signal was strong. This is a pity for two reasons.  First, the sound is excellent.  Second, the unit is exactly what I want to play from my Cowon MP3 (via 3.5mm), to play from my library’s hard drive and to play internet radio.  I am hoping that the issue was a fault on that particular unit, but I do not want to buy one again until I understand the issue.  Jules.