steve_mfs
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

BOSE Soundlink Air Set Up problem

I have owned a Soundlink Air for around a year now. Up until today I have never had a problem with it. All of my airplay devices find it instantly, and the sound quality is fantastic.

This morning, it stopped playing a song half way through, and since that point it is not being discovered by any devices I have.

After attempting a number of methods, with no luck, I decided to reset the Speaker.

I have attempted to run the set up via USB about 5 times now, and each time, it refuses to recognise that any soundlink is connected, even after plugging/unplugging the supplied USB cable multiple times.

Is there anyone that has experienced a similar issue, or has a fix for me?

I am shocked that this problem has occured, as BOSE are usually so reliable. Any help would be greatly appreicated!

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: BOSE Soundlink Air Set Up problem

Hi steve_mfs,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your SoundLink Air system.

If you could, please remove the power for 30 seconds.  At the same time, if you have the accessory battery connected, also remove that. 

Once that is done, let's try a factory reset on the system.  Press and hold down the Reset button on the bottom for 10 seconds.  Do you hear a beep come from the system?  Does the LED disappear?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Ye Min Htut
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

I have same problem. I tried exactly the same . After 3s, amber light appeared. I keep pressing reset button for 15s. Nothing changed and amber light remains for hours until I disconnect power supply.
Highlighted
Lolly
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Hello - I am having the same issue.  It was working great and all of a sudden stopped.  I'm on a macbook pro running high sierra.  I have tried the reset button but never got the beep noise nor did the amber light ever go off.  I tried it a few times with no luck.

I've even tried different cables in case that was the issue.  I also restarted the system a few times to see if that would help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lolly

Highlighted
steve_mfs
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Ok! So I’ve managed to solve the issue with the alternative set up method.

I’m running exactly the same system, so I’m going to say that the USB cable connection will not be any use anymore

Press the reset button for 2 seconds (you might have to do this more than once, but it did work for me)

As soon as you see the indicator light flashing blue go to your Wi-fi icon on MacBook menu bar. Press option key and click on the Wi-fi icon, this will bring up all Wi-fi connections around you. Bose Soundlink should show up. Select it and it should connect almost instantly. Once connected open safari and type this: http://192.168.1.1
It should connect to a browser based set up for the sound link.

This has worked for me after 3-4 days of trying different solutions.
Highlighted
steve_mfs
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

See reply below. Give it a try and should work for you also.

I had the same issue with flashing amber. But if you hit the reset button a couple of times it will eventually flash blue, then try alternate setup

Hope it works for you too!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello steve_mfs,

Thank you for sharing this information with the community. I am happy to see your Soundlink Air is working for you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Ye Min Htut and Lolly,

If you both have tried the steps mentioned in previous posts in this thread and did not resolve your issue, I suggest to contact us for service. Please go HERE, select your country and scroll to the bottom of the page and choose contact us,

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Lolly
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

I tried and tried and I just can't get it working.  I have an older soundlink air - so I'm wondering if that's the issue.

I appreciate the quick responses and tips!  I'm going to go ahead and contact support to see if they can help me figure this out.  Of all of the devices I have - this one is my favorite.  I have two bose mini II soundlinks and a UE megaboom - but the sound from the soundlink air is by far superior to everything else I have.

Thanks again, fellas!

Lolly

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Lolly, 

Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support