Highlighted
james.ford
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

BOSE Soundtouch 10 Speakers Paired via Bluetooth but not listed as a Playback Device

The BOSE Soundtouch speaker I have I am trying to connect to a desktop computer via a Bluetooth USB radio. I've set it so that the my computer is discoverable, both held the speaker for 3 and 10 seconds (to reset/clear) and have managed to 'pair' the speaker by doing this. However, after it is paired I cannot select the speaker as a playback device despite it being listed as a speaker in 'Devices & Printers'. It doesn't show up on Device Manager even when hidden items are shown and after pairing the device, the speaker also keeps the blue light on.

I've since cleared the connections again and connected to the device via bluetooth with my mobile straight away with no issue.

Could anyone help with this problem?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: BOSE Soundtouch 10 Speakers Paired via Bluetooth but not listed as a Playback Device

Hi james.ford,

Thanks for the post!  Let's see if we can get this resolved.

Which version of Windows are you using?  As well, what is the brand and model of your Bluetooth USB adapter?

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

james.ford
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Re: BOSE Soundtouch 10 Speakers Paired via Bluetooth but not listed as a Playback Device

Super, thanks Brandon.

Windows 10.

Also, I forgot to mention in my intial post that the bluetooth USB radio I have was only just recently purchased to enable use of the speaker via a computer and installation of drivers were not required with this version of Windows (it's an Avantree DG40S).

Kind regards,

Thanks for the information james.ford.

Could you also check out the troubleshooting steps on THIS post?  The post is more geared towards headphones and portable Bluetooth speakers, though I think it'll be helpful in your case.  Feel free to ignore the steps you have already tried.

Let me know if this helps out.

Best,

Brandon

james.ford
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Hi Brandon,

I can't find anything on this post that is new to me, all drivers and software for the Bluetooth radio and Windows machine itself are up to date.

I can still see the "Bose SoundTouch 162643" listed as a speaker device under "Devices and Printers" and listed under "Other Devices" in the "Bluetooth & other devices" menu, where it is listed as paired. But no joy with actually connecting and using the speaker.

Kind regards,

Hi again,

Thanks for going through and checking the post.

Can you remove the Bose system from the computer's Bluetooth pairing list, then re-add it?  As well, the computer doesn't need to be discoverable, just the Bose system.

Can you also try forcing an install of the Bluetooth driver?  The download is located HERE under "Manual & Driver"

Best,

Brandon