Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holly
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 12, 2017

BOSE Soundtouch 10 suddenly will not connect to wifi

I have 3 Soundtouch 10 speakers plus a Cinemate.

As of today, one of the speakers will not connect to my wifi. I have gone around and around following the instructions on how to connect to the wifi (network settings, pushing the '2' button and volume down button, restarting the router, unplugging the speaker, disconnecting and reconnecting...) without success.

When I push the "2" and volume down buttons, the wifi indicator light will glow amber UNTIL it is connecting to the network during the setup process. When it's trying to connect to the network, the Soundtouch indicator light glows orange and the wifi indicator turns blue. It will go to the Name Your Speaker window, but when I push 'continue' it just churns away forever until it finally gives me a "We can't find your speakers on the network..." message.

The Soundtouch icon remains orange and the wifi indicator light remains blue.

I do not listen to broadcast stations and do not have any presets. I only listen to premade playlists on Spotify.

All the other speakers are working just fine. The Cinemate updated this morning - not sure if this has anything to do with the current problem. 

This is a total bummer. The speaker is just out of warranty. I hope there is a fix for this!

Thanks,

Holly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: BOSE Soundtouch 10 suddenly will not connect to wifi

Author Accepted Answer selected by holly

Hi Holly, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundTouch 10. I'll do all I can to assist you! 

If your WiFi LED is white/blue, This does mean that it has successfully connected to your network. I would recommend holding down the 4 and the volume - which will force an update to your speaker. You will know its updating by a flashing white/blue WiFi indicator. Once completed, try to add the speaker to the application again. 

Let me know how this goes!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by holly

Hi Holly, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundTouch 10. I'll do all I can to assist you! 

If your WiFi LED is white/blue, This does mean that it has successfully connected to your network. I would recommend holding down the 4 and the volume - which will force an update to your speaker. You will know its updating by a flashing white/blue WiFi indicator. Once completed, try to add the speaker to the application again. 

Let me know how this goes!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

why
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

I cannot connect to speaker icon , have tried 2 and volume. Nothing. I was trying to change the name of my device, then there was an update and now it wont work even if the blue light comes on

Hope you can help

why
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

sorry that should have read 4 plus vol

Vicky_W

Hello Why, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 10 and would love to assist you. 

To start with please can you follow the steps mentioned here to try and update your speaker? 

After you have done that, I would like to try and factory reset your speaker, to do this: 

1. Power on your product.
  2. On the top of your product, press and hold the 1 and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds until the lights on the front of the product blink white.
  3. Wait while the system resets. While resetting, the lights blink left to right several times, then the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber when complete. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Of course if you still experience issues, please do let me know and we can look to alternative steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Sweetwriter
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

I have been trying for a week to connect my speaker to WiFi. It was connected and working fine with another speaker. Then there was the update. Now, it won’t connect. I’ve tried every solution I can find and nothing works. I’m so frustrated. 

When I get to the part where it says, connect to Bose network, I do that but the network does not work. I can never go beyond that screen. I can connect to speaker w Bluetooth but not WiFi and I can’t play both speakers with Bluetooth. Please advise! 

Charlotte_G

Hello Sweetwriter,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm truly sorry to hear that you're having difficulty adding one of your SoundTouch speakers to your network.

Could you please let me know the LED colors and statuses of the system?

Additional, which steps have you already tried? I do not want to waste your time and ask you to repeat any steps that you have already performed.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Sweetwriter
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I’ve tried resetting with 2 and - volume. I’ve tried updating w 4 plus something. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled. I’ve disconnected my WiFi and router. I’ve tried adding my speaker to the WiFi not through the app. I’ve deleted the speaker from the app (and now can’t add it back). I’ve tried al these steps at least twice. The only thing that works is Bluetooth connection w streaming deon service, not from app. The app works fine with my other speaker. 

when I use blue tooth, the lights are white. When I try to reset for WiFi, it does go amber but nothing happens. The stopping point is the Bose WiFi connection. It never is able to connect and allow me to pass that screen to connect or create the speaker. So the speaker is right now Unrecognized by app, since I deleted it in hopes of fixing problem. 

that’s what I’ve done and what the lights show. 

Jeff_G

Hello Sweetwriter, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I would recommend holding preset 1 and Vol- together for around 10 seconds. Preset 2 and Vol- only puts the speaker back into setup mode, it doesn't fully reset it, hence the orange LED. 

Please try to factory reset the speaker as per the above, and let us know how you get on. If you need further support, we're always more than happy to help. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Rubencan
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

I would like to see the outcome on this. Because I have a soundtouch 10 that did the exact same thing. I feel like maybe the internet card inside the speaker maybe went south. I have everything at least twice. I've probably logged 16-20 hours on this issue. I've gone as far as taking all of the other speakers off and putting them all back on. Always get stuck on this one speaker. I wish there was a way to determine weather the internet card is capable of receiving a signal. I'll be watching. But more than likely I'm gonna take it to the geek squad.