Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2016

Background rustle

Dear all,
I just got the SoundTouch 30 Series 3 and there is alway a background rustle/noice to hear, it is subtle but it is still very clear to hear - especially with quiter songs or classical music. The noice is not coming from the CD though, as I can still hear the noice when I pauze the music, so Im guessing its because of the Bluetooth/Wifi connection.
Do you experience this as well or should I ask for a return?
Charlya
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Background rustle

Hi Charlya,

Sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having with your SoundTouch 30.

That background noise could be caused by a couple of things.Are you playing CDs through the AUX source?Does this happen with the Spotify source, Internet Radio, or anything else besides the AUX input?Are there a lot of electronic devices near the system?Try and move the system to a different location and different power outlet to see if interference could be the issue.If you are indeed using AUX to play CDs from a CD player, try a shielded audio cable.

Let me know what happens with these steps!

Regards,
Brandon
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2016

Hi Brandon,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply and multiple suggestions.

I tried all of them, even with the shielded audio cable and still have a background rustle. It is really a pity that such a high quality brand and system has background noice, its a pain for the ear - especially when you know the value of the purchase... This is dissapointing.

Charly

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Charly,

The background noise that you're describing should not be happening.  At this point, I would recommend contacting your local customer support center to arrange for service.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

Same problem here, Charly!

Have tried everything and anything and nothing gets rid of that background scratching and white noise.  Really disappointing when you expect pure sound quality and pay a price to match, just to be let down.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi du_plessis_h,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a similar issue. We want to help to make sure you are receiving the intended experience with your SoundTouch system(s). 

First, are you also using a SoundTouch 30 system? Have you tried the steps that Brandon posted above? What music sources are you using when you experience this? Please provide us with these additional details, and we'd be happy to provide further assistance. 

Best regards,

Brian