Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Bass control with the app. Is Possible?

Hi, I would like to ask if you could add the volume control of the bass in the App. Thanks to you

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Bass control with the app. Is Possible?

Hi @duccio

Thank you posting in the community!  There are bass settings if you click on the gear icon on the system when the system tray is open.  It's defaulted at max bass and can only be turned down.  If you're experiencing low bass coming from your systems, we may want to consider the location of the speaker.  If we can position the SoundTouch speaker closer to a wall or a corner it will you to boundary load the speaker meaning increasing the bass performance.  

Warm regards,

Tony

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

thanks Tony, unfortunately I can not find the bar to adjust the bass ... Maybe I have to connect acoustimass to the application via the network? Thank you

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 14, 2017

Tony, double-check those instructions... I'm not aware of a way to control the Acoustimass300 bass level from the SoundTouch app.  It's not listed under the [Settings (gear) > Audio Settings] menu.  I'm only aware of controling the bass level from the remote's "Bass" button.  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @duccio and @Blaine,

Thank you for the responses. To clarify, what systems do you both currently own so we can provide the correct instructions for you?

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Hi Joel, thanks for your interest, I own the Soundtouch 300 and Acoustimass 300, connected in wifi.
Thank you.
Highlighted

Hi Duccio,

Thanks for confirming which systems you have.

To adjust the bass response on the SoundTouch 300, please follow these steps:

a. On the remote control, press "BASS"

b. The indicators on the soundbar will glow to show the current bass setting

c. On the remote control, press "Volume +" to increase the bass, or press "Volume -" to decrease the bass level
d. Pressing "BASS" again will save your settings

e. If you ever want to reset bass setting, then press and hold "BASS" down until the SoundTouch indicator on the soundbar blinks twice. The bass setting will then be reset to its original factory settings.

If this method doesn't seem to regulate your bass settings, then I have a question: have you tried running the AdaptIQ calibration for your SoundTouch system? This will measure the acoustic properties of the room you are in, thus enabling an optimised sound performance from your SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300.

We hope this information helps!

Best regards

-    Ben - Bose Support

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Thanks Bene, but my request was to be able to adjust the bass with the app for PC or smartphone. what we can not do. can this function be implemented in the next update?
thank you
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 14, 2017

Ben, I would love to see this capability (controlling AM300 bass level) on the SoundTouch app as well. On the surface level, this would seem very easy... no? There shouldn’t be a reason why we MUST only use the remote control to adjust the bass level.

Best,

Blaine