Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Bass from 130's Acoustimas v. 300 bass module

During some to many television shows the 130's bass from the Acoustimass is a thubbing or sorta flat bass tone.  Is the 300's bass more defined, sharper, more matched to the true audio?  I do not suppose there is anyway to adjust the bass quality of the 130 is there?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bass from 130's Acoustimas v. 300 bass module

Hi Louis,

Good question.  The AM300 is going to produce deeper tones as the driver is fairly large (10" driver instead of the smaller 5" driver for the 130 bass module) and in my opinion, produces a tighter "punch".  There's no way to adjust the quality of the bass that comes out of the bass module for the 130, but my recommendations would be to make sure the bass isn't turned up too high and place the module in a corner for best results.

-Brandon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by louisp

Thanks for commenting.  Our AV is in a cabinet centered along a wall so, unfortunately, the Acoustimass is between the cabinet and a chair.  Most probably the worst possible location.  I would love to sell our 130 then buy the 300.  Doubt that will happen so enjoying the 130.  The Acoustimass was positioned about two inches in front of the cabinet then I read today it should be no more than six to eight inches from the wall so I pushed it back.  Also the Acoustimass is set at +3 after Adaptiq. 

Feel free to offer suggestions. 

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Louis,

Good question.  The AM300 is going to produce deeper tones as the driver is fairly large (10" driver instead of the smaller 5" driver for the 130 bass module) and in my opinion, produces a tighter "punch".  There's no way to adjust the quality of the bass that comes out of the bass module for the 130, but my recommendations would be to make sure the bass isn't turned up too high and place the module in a corner for best results.

-Brandon

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Thank you Brandon.  Is +3 too high for the 130's Acoustimass?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

I had the st130 before then I exchanged it to the st300.. When I had the st130 i placed the subwoofer in the corner like he said .. Sounded great..
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by louisp

Thanks for commenting.  Our AV is in a cabinet centered along a wall so, unfortunately, the Acoustimass is between the cabinet and a chair.  Most probably the worst possible location.  I would love to sell our 130 then buy the 300.  Doubt that will happen so enjoying the 130.  The Acoustimass was positioned about two inches in front of the cabinet then I read today it should be no more than six to eight inches from the wall so I pushed it back.  Also the Acoustimass is set at +3 after Adaptiq. 

Feel free to offer suggestions. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

UPDATE:

After moving the 130's Acoustimass within 6" to 8" from the wall and moving the 130's Soundbar forward about a 1.5" overall audio has improved!