Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Bass level unacceptable

Hi there, I'm new to the site. I own the St300, The bass speaker and the surround speakers, so I have spent a lot of money as I'm sure you appreciate bose. Up until the new update I was very very happy with my set up. Had minor problems but nothing to stress or complain about. But after the new update my bass level sucks. I might as well not have it plugged in at all even though I've spent nearly 700 Euro on it ! I've tried the fix of re installing the update and it didn't work, and I don't want to downgrade as I'm afraid it will brick my soundbar. So please bose release another update to fix this and explain to us what is going on with our bass levels ????
Hoping for an official reply
Daniel
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

Re: Bass level unacceptable

Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Hi man , thanks but as I said I don't want to downgrade as I'm afraid something will go wrong. Also I have a mac so unable to use this method, and finally I think bose should offer an official fix cause I don't think I should go to all this bother of fixing this myself as I have spent nearly 2000 Euro on this system and it not my job to fix it, it's is boses job.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

The method of manual update doesn't depend on PC or MAC. It just needs a browser and a micro usb to USB cable. If the old firmware is not available on BOSE website, I am happy to give you a link from my cloud. But it's your choice. The update is very simple using the manual method. It's your choice; as to whether you want to stay unhappy with the BASS for however long Bose take to push the next update (they are quite slow), or fix it. I know which one I would go for 🙂

https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView?id=kA133000000TgR9

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Thanks again friend, but I'd rather wait to say what bose says officially, and would like someone from bose to at least acknowledge this is a real problem for users. Cause so far no one from bose has said anything that this problem even exists. And also if people do downgrade the sound bar and do brick it, will they offer to repleace that soundbar and bass module and surround speakers free of charge ?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

I would absolutely expect them to. You could say that you wanted to update firmware manually, so followed their guide, and it got bricked. Firmware is firmware, doesn't matter if it's old or new firmware.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Well we shall wait and see my friend if someone from BOSE will chime in on this thread or any other thread talking about bass levels to say they will offer a full replacement of the total system if something gets broken. Because I'm not touching my system until I can get that guarantee in writing. Thanks for helping with this man it is greatly appreciated.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Animal,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your SoundTouch 300.  Is the Bass module producing any audio?  If you look on the back of the module, are there any LED's lit up?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Yes the led is lit up , yes there is some sound coming from it but it's so quiet you can barely hear it. Yes I have my bass set to max with the remote and yes I did a full reset and ran adaptiq 3 times. As you know by now it's the new update that has messed it all up. Why can't someone just put their hands up from BOSE and admit it!!!
Brandon I'm not mad at you and I'm not blaming you. I know you have a hard job here but you are all we have to get our products our "EXPENSIVE " products fixed. But man seriously all the problems with the new update are unacceptable! Just ask someone to rerelease the old firmware officially again so we can update over wifi and the app again. Because I'm am not going to do this my self with the USB method in case something goes wrong and I'm left with a 2000 Euro paperweight.