Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 9, 2015

Bass sound of Wave Sound Touch too heavy

Hello,
We are pretty satisfied with out SoundTouch, however we think the balance between bass and treble is a little to much oriented towards bass. In the house I can hear the bass everuwhere but the music is gone. In the usermanual I cannot find a word on changing this. Who can help us?
Kindest, Paul J.J.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Bass sound of Wave Sound Touch too heavy

Hi Paul

For subtle changes in the bass output you can move the product farther from walls or corners that may be emphasizing the low-end with reflected sound. However, if you want to drastically cut back the bass output, newer wave products have a Bass Reduction mode which can be enabled. 

This feature was only added recently through software and may not be mentioned in the manual for earlier products (such as the Wave music system III and the original Wave SoundTouch Music System). 

You can use the steps below to enable bass reduction mode:

1. Press and hold Alarm Setup (Menu) until "-SETUP MENU-" appears on the system display
  2. Press Tune/MP3 > 3 times until "BASS-" displays
  3. Press Time – or Time + to select "NORMAL" or "REDUCED"
  4. Press Alarm Setup (Menu) to exit the menu or wait 10 seconds for the setup menu to automatically exit 

If this feature does not appear, you may need to update the software for your product. The Wave SoundTouch system should be running version 9.x or newer. The Wave Music System III would need version 04.04.01  or newer. 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 9, 2015

Thank you! Much better now…! Thx, Paul J.J.
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Hi George, for my wave music system iii. The bass reduction is not found. How do i get the update and update procedure?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Andrewys,

The update would need to come in the form of a disc sent by your local Bose support group. You will need to contact them directly to obtain this. In the USA you can call 800-379-2073 - Hours are M-F 9am to 8pm EST; Saturday 9am-6pm; In other regions you can find contact details by visiting http://global.bose.com  and selecting your country from the drop-down menu.
Thank you.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Hi George, my local Bose distributor does not know about the update. Any solution to get the cd from main Bose US or download and burn to a disc?
Thank.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Hi Andrewys,
The update will not be available from a local retail store only through Bose technical support by phone for U.S. customers at 800-367-4008 the hours are Mon-Fri 9:00AM-9:00PM, Sat 9:00AM-6:00PM (EST)
This feature is available for systems running software 04.04.01 or newer. To check the software version of your system:
1.On the remote, press and hold the Alarm Setup button until -SETUP MENU- appears in the display
2.While -SETUP MENU- is being displayed, press and hold the Preset 6 button for six seconds. A 13-digit number will appear below the time
3.The software version of the Wave system is the first six digits of this number
4.To clear the display, press the Alarm Setup button
Thanks
Shawn