Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2018

Beta Software or Firmware Available?

Does Bose provide beta software available to download at customer's choice or are all their paying customers just consider their software testers in their eyes? I see a lot of people on this forum complaining about issues but I dont see any beta program available from Bose. What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Re: Beta Software or Firmware Available?

There are many people who would be happy to help Bose beta test its products. It appears no testing is done at all -- they just dump it on the public and ignore the complaints when it doesn't work.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2018

Yes, so I see. Since Bose removed AirPlay support for their products, I have not purchased a new Bose product, very disappointed they did this and horrible move to gain new customer or keep their current customers happy.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

There is a Beta server, i used to run the beta versions, though Bose didn't know i was running them. I know i know, no one was more surprised than me that they actually test software before releasing it.

Unfortunatly i informed Bose about a few security issues regarding this and they changed the address and encrypted its location in the app.

They even added the buildnumber so you can't nab the update before they want you to have it aswell (unless you can guess the build number)

i.e. heres the latest build

https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/mr4_2017_92b19449/index.xml

Note they have added the _92b19449 so you can't just keep watching for mr5_2017,