Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

Blocking a device

Can you help me with a question regarding Bluetooth devices pairing automatically with my Soundtouch netrwork,

is there any way you can block devices from doing this ?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Blocking a device

Hi tkcrail,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your setup.

Are you trying to stop bluetooth devices from pairing via Bluetooth with your SoundTouch system?  Or are there other devices on your Wi-Fi network that can control your system?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

I was hoping to block any one pairing to my speakers via bluetooth, I have 2 Soundtouch 10 and 1 Soundtouch 20 being controlled by a Wifi tablet using the Soundtouch app.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi tkcrail,

Technically, any device connected to your home Wi-Fi network that has the SoundTouch app installed would be able to access the speaker. This includes connecting via Bluetooth. If this is a concern for you, you may want to consider setting up a separate home network for SoundTouch and create a Wi-Fi password that only you would have access to. Alternatively, you could set up a guest network within your router settings, specifically for guests to use. 

If the above options don't work for you, you could also temporarily disable the speaker's Wi-Fi by holding Volume - and 3 simultaneously for 5 seconds (while you aren't using the speaker). This would temporarily disconnect the speaker from your network, restricting others from accessing the speaker from the SoundTouch app. You can simply repeat the same steps to re-enable your network connection. 

Note: anyone who can physically press the Bluetooth/AUX button on the speaker will be able to pair/connect via Bluetooth, regardless of Wi-Fi network connectivity. All of the above steps only work against others who do not have direct/physical access to the speaker. 

We hope this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

If you havent allowed anyone else to pair to the system, given them access to the same wifi network the systems are on, or make the system discoverable by other bluetooth devices in the soundtouch app then no one will be able to connect to the system and take it over through bluetooth. 

if someone is on the same wifi as the system, you will either need to change the network name or password.

If you have allowed someone to pair to the system using bluetooth and want to eliminate that pairing, you will need to clear the system list of paired bluetooth devices.