Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

Bluebooth connectivy on Soundtouch 10 and 20's (Amazon Echo)

A while back you released a "patch" to fix the 20 minute auto-disconnect between Amazon Echo and your Soundtouchs.  That seemed to work for a while, however, now the connectivity is very unpredictable.  Please update your software to make this link dependable.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bluebooth connectivy on Soundtouch 10 and 20's (Amazon Echo)

Hi New2Bose, 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Bluetooth connectivity. Can you elaborate any further as to what you were experiencing? Does it happen more with one skill over another? Does this happen if you're using a different Bluetooth source device other than the Echo? Does this appear when you are only streaming to one speaker or rebroadcasting to to multiple speakers? Does the stream seem better with one system or another? Can you try to unplug your Echo as well as your SoundTouch speaker that is experiencing this for 30 seconds and re-test to see if that helps?

Thank you 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

Re: Bluebooth connectivy on Soundtouch 10 and 20's (Amazon Echo)en

These speakers are connected 24/7 to amazon echoes. On a periodic basis, the Bluetooth link disappears and I have to re-synch them. Considering you sell amazon Echo with these speakers, you'd think the connectivity issues would be solved. It has nothing to do with skills at all, simply the Bluetooth pairing. No other Bluetooth source. It appears regardless of where I stream. Again, nothing to do with one stream better than the other; it has to do with the amazon Echo losing Bluetooth connectivity with the speakers (when idle for a while; doesn't normally disconnect while playing something.). I can unplug them, but you know it's a Bose issue and not amazon Echo when three of them are doing the same thing.

On a separate note, when are you going to fix the issue that when you stream to multiple speakers, after you disconnect, the Bluetooth connectivity has to be reset each time? This seems like a waste of tim and you should be able to program these speakers to reconnect to the amazon echoes without having to do this every time.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

As suspected, I took your advise and unplugged all Soundtouch's for 30 seconds, as well as the Amazon Echo's connected.  Within several minutes, one of the speakers disconnected from one of the Echo's without any further activites at all.

I am sure I am not the only one having Bluetooth disconnecting after a short while.  Please have your techs address this issue and send an update.  And, please, address my final comment in my original response to you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Hi New2Bose,

Thanks for trying that for us.  I agree that the issue doesn't have anything to do with the stream or skills being used.  I am not sure if the issue is bug related or just a limitation of wireless technologies.  I suspect that this issue may be caused by wireless interference.  How far apart are these system from each other and other wireless devices?  As a troubleshooting step, can we disconnect all but one SoundTouch and Echo system from power? If the one system performs any better we can probably say that it is an issue caused by interference.

To address your other concern I would need more description as to what is happening.  Are you streaming to multiple speakers again after the power goes off?  Or, are you using them individually after the power goes off?  Anything else you can add to the way you are using these speakers when the issue occurs?

Thank You

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

The speakers are not close to other wireless technologies as best I can tell.  The disconnection of bluetooth is random.  Sometimes multiple times a day, other times multiple days go by with no unlinking of bluetooth.

As far as the final issue I was describing, this is playing music from one Echo to one Soundtouch 10.  From there, I go into the Soundtouch app and activate (to play all on the same speakers) one additional Soundtouch 10 and one Soundtouch 20.  Once you disconnect these 2nd and 3rd speakers (through the app) they automatically lose connection to Bluetooth.  However, I am suggesting your programmers look into an option to re-synch these speakers that lose connectivity to bluetooth.  This is important because these other speakers are also connected to echos.  The whole purpose is for all sound to eminant from the echos to the Soundtouchs (expect when using the Soundtouch app to do what I described above.)  Each time, you have to re-synch the 2nd and 3rd speaker back to bluetooth which is an extra step that I believe can be avoided through programming on your side.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Persistent grouping would indeed be great. I will certainly pass this feedback on to our development team. We have an update starting to roll out to users today. When you're prompted can you update your systems to see if this improves your drop out issues?

Thank you 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

Look forward to the update and hopefully it improves the situation.  And thanks for passing on the feedback for grouping.