Highlighted
tm2670
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

Bluetooth Connected (lights and audible tone occur) but no actual music plays from bluetooth source

I purchased two Soundtouch 10s which I have grouped into a left/right speaker set via the SountTouch app.

I have bluetooth paired an Amazon Echo Dot (Alexa).  After rebooting the 2 speakers everything works terrific for about half a day.

Unfortunately, the bluetooth connection seems to time out after some amount of time.  If I again ask Alexa to connect to the speakers, the white bluetooth indicator light on both speakers comes on and the speakers emit the connected tone.  Alexa becomes silent.  Asking Alexa to play music (or any other command) gives the blue light rings on the Echo device but no additional sound occurs from the SoundTouch speakers.  Asking Alexa to disconnect the speakers causes the speakers to become disconnected (bluetooth light blinks blues and the disconnect tones are heard from the speakers) and whatever was playing to come out of the Echo speaker.  Power cycling both speakers (removing and re-inserting the power cables and it seems to have to be BOTH speakers) fixes the problem for several hours and Alexa can again play music from the SoundTouch speaker pair.  However, after several hours or the next bluetooth timeout, the problem starts again and the speakers must again be power cycled.  While this was happening, I also paired my smartphone and had the same issue (although I unpaired it afterwards to prevent the possibility of bluetooth interference of some sort). 

While these problems are occurring (prior to rebooting the speakers) music can be played from WiFi sources via the SoundTouch App if the speaker is put into that mode.  Switching between modes or using the off/on button on the remotes has no impact on improving the problem.  Please advise.  Very frustrating to have to yank the power cord every time I come back into the Den to listen to some music.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bluetooth Connected (lights and audible tone occur) but no actual music plays from bluetooth ...

Hello tm2670,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

We're sorry to see that you're running into issues with your Echo and the SoundTouch 10 with Bluetooth, but we'd be happy to help. 

• What generation is your Echo Dot?
  • Does rebooting the Echo Dot fix the issue as well?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

tm2670
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

Re: Bluetooth Connected (lights and audible tone occur) but no actual music plays from bluetooth ...

It is the latest generation Echo Dot (bought brand new less than a month ago).  I tested tonight and power cycling the Dot does not fix the problem.  Only power cycling both speakers fixes the problem.  As mentioned, if I pair my phone or PC I have the same 'no music' scenario once the problem begins (until the speakers are power cycled).  The speakers still emit the connect/disconnect tones though. Also as mentioned, I did unpair my PC and phone after testing to eleiminate the possibility of interference.

Hi tm2670,

Thanks for the additional details.

What I can suggest trying before contacting technical support over the phone is a factory default and instructions can be found HERE.

If that still is unable to resolve the issue after testing, please contact your regional tech support.

Let us know how it goes after the factory default testing.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support