Highlighted
Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Bluetooth and Google Home speaker

When i connect with the new function that Came with the latest update to the Google Home speaker so i can send Bluetooth sound to any Bluetooth speaker. When i connect to the Bose soundtouch and not playing any music on the Google Home speaker to the Bose speaker the Bose speaker makes an annoying beep sound every 15 minutes. How do i turn that of.
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Bluetooth and Google Home speaker

Hello @Menks13,

Thank you for posting. This certainly sounds like an odd issue. I know with my SoundTouch and streaming to it via Bluetooth, I have never received a beep tone through my speaker. This sounds like it could be coming from the Google Home speaker during Bluetooth usage and the SoundTouch is just relaying it. Are you able to test with a different Bluetooth device to see if this "Beep" follows it?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

I tested just connecting my phone to the Bose soundtouch 20 no beep sound but instead the Bose speaker turns itself of after like 20 minutes. When connected to the Google Home mini speaker it never turns itself of. But why the annoying beep sound. It makes the connecting from the Google speaker worthless. And when i try to turn the Bose speaker off it turns itself on again.

Hello @Menks13,

Thank you for the follow up information. As for the beeping sound that is happening when using the Google home, I would suggest to contact Google on this issue. As for the speaker shutting itself off after 20 minutes, were you playing something from your phone when it shut off?

Kind Regards,

Joel

Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

I want to have the Bose speaker connected to the Google Home speaker so i can give commands to play music and then it plays on the Bose speaker instead of the Google speaker. And now i cant even turn of the Bose speaker because it just restarts when i turn it of when connected to the Google speaker. Is the Bose speaker supposed to turn itself of when connected to a Bluetooth transmitter when the transmitters not sending anything.
mss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Seeing same issue here with a Google Home Mini connected Bluetooth to a Soundtouch 10.  The beep every 15 minutes is super annoying.  Also unable to turn off the Soundtouch 10 as it just turns back on a few seconds later.  The other issue is there is a significant delay in the sound from the Soundtouch 10.  This speaker if part of a home group of Google devices is about 1-2 seconds behind all of the other speakers.  The digital signal processing seems to delay the sound.  Is there any way to turn this off so there is not the delay when playing Bluetooth music on a Soundtouch 10?

Angryofm
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

It seems to me that both problems are due to the Google box and not the SoundTouch device.

perhaps the beep every 15mins is designed to keep the Bluetooth connection alive when nothing is playing?

the Soundtouch BT input does have a delay whilst processing the audio so it probably won’t be in sync with your other Google devices.

Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Take away the beep then everything is fine. And the auto of function when connecting a Bluetooth transmitter but not transmitting. The delay you set in your Google Home app under speaker settings.
Nayhe
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 8, 2018

Has anyone found any work around for the beeping with Bluetooth connection?
Froekjaer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

I’m having the same problem. It would be great to find a solution 🙂

Bose: Any chance you could work with Google, please?