Manny
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Bluetooth connection skip - sooundbar and soundtouch

I have a soundtouch 30 and a soundbar 300. The soundbar has the woofer and the surrpund speakers.

I use bluetooth to play musicfrom my ipad. I connect the bluetooth to both speakers and via the bose app add both speakers. 

The downstairs speakers or the upstairs speaker keeps cutting out every 30 seconds or so.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Bluetooth connection skip - sooundbar and soundtouch

Hi Manny,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the intermittent audio, but I'd be happy to help!

• If you open the SoundTouch app and navigate to the settings there should be an About tab.  Within about, select each speaker and let us know what the RSSI values are of each speaker.  
  • Have you been able to reboot the systems and router by disconnecting power for 1 minute?
  • Does this happen when you start on one speaker or the other?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Manny
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

The downstairs one RSSI : FAIR

The upsteairs Soundtouch RSSI: Great

I did reboot all of them now.

I was on the phone for adifferent issue and the person recommended, connecting to bluetooth to only one speaker and adding the other via the sound touch app. But that doesnt seem to solve the issue. In this case, I connected via bluetooth to the soundbar. Added the soundtouch via the app. The soundtouch seems to be going in and out. 

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Manny,

Thanks for the update.  If you connect to one speaker with Bluetooth, does the audio get choppy when you don't group them together?  Since the upstairs system has the best signal, if you start the Bluetooth connection there and then add the downstairs system, does this improve the quality?

Warm Regards,

Tony A