Highlighted
tgd353
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2018

Bluetooth fading in and out after attaching to echo dot.

My sound touch 10 speaker volume fades intermittently in bluetooth mode on all my echo dots or on any bluetooth connection for that matter. It's fine for awhile after I disconnect and reconnect, but then after a day or two the fading comes back. This apprears similar to all the other posts that are having bluetooth connection fading issues. Fading does not happen when connected to Wi-fi. I updated my speaker 6/28/2018. This issues is still unresolved. 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Bluetooth fading in and out after attaching to echo dot.

Hi tgd353

Thanks for joining the community!  Sorry to hear about the Bluetooth issues, but would be glad to assist!

Can you try clearing the pairing list on the speaker?

Just press and hold the Bluetooth|AUX button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth indicator double-blinks white.

You would want to remove it from the list on the source device as well

The speaker should be in discoverable mode after the clearing, so you should be able to start a fresh connection.

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

Clambert
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Have you found the answer to this? I have a sound touch 10, 20, and sound bar, it happens with all of them. It's been frustrating trying to find a solution. I can turn the sound touch off then on again and it clears for a little bit, or as suggested above clear the pairing list and re-pair them, but this is an everyday thing and that's way too often to keep doing this.
Community Manager

Hi Clambert and tgd353

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues, but I'd be happy to help!

• When the issue occurs, is this while giving the Echo dot commands or just randomly while listening to music?
  • Also, does this happen with a mobile device connected via Bluetooth?  
  • Has a reset been done on all the products by removing power for 30 seconds (router/speakers/Echo)?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support