Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 15, 2015

Bluetooth issues

Hi,
We have two sound touch 10's which have suddenly stopped pairing to iPads by Bluetooth, Sunday they worked fine and we streamed music to them whilst having friends over for dinner. Today however neither speaker will pair with the two iPads. All that happens is that the Bluetooth light flashes blue and although the speakers appear as discoverable neither iPad will pair.
Any help would be much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Re: Bluetooth issues

Hi ladysmith,
Sorry to hear the speakers will not pair with your iPads anymore. I would like to help with to resolve the issue. There are a few steps I would recommend trying below:
Starting with the iPad - On the iPad go to settings - Bluetooth and where the speaker is listed to the right there is a small letter i you click that and the next page will have that option (forget this device). Delete the SoundTouch 10 speakers.
Next turn the SoundTouch 10 speaker on.
Press and hold the Bluetooth|AUX button at the same time for about 13 seconds
The system will emit a 'bee-boop' tone, then the buttons can be released.
Then go into the Settings - Bluetooth on the iPad and see if you can select and pair the speaker there.
I hope this helps with your speaker. 
Shawn
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 15, 2015

Hi,
i have tried that that and it made no difference. 
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Please try pushing an update to the speaker.
On the system, press the Power button to turn the system on
Press and hold 4 and Volume minus buttons at the same time for approximately 7 seconds. All system LEDs will blink
While downloading, the Wi-Fi indicator flashes slowly
While installing the update, the Wi-Fi indicator repeats a pattern of solid for a few seconds followed by two quick blinks
When the update is completed, the system may reboot. The Wi-Fi indicator should then return to solid.
Then test the Bluetooth connection again.