Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Re: Bluetooth signal skipping and breaks up- SOLUTION

Your router has to be able to broacast an additional 5GHz network besides the usual 2.4GHz one. You may go to the administration screen of your router to set this up. Only recent routers usually have this feature.
Then, set up your soundtouch to connect to this 5GHz network.
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi there,

That is your Router that has to support 5GHz Network

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

Thank you. But this will help in wireless connection. I am still have issues with bluetooth with soundtouch 300. 😞

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Bluetooth is using 2.4GHz band. WiFi usually uses this same band. In my case this caused interference when listening to music through Bluetooth. Is your soundtouch 300 connected through WiFi ? (It should) then you may have interference problems. Setting the soundtouch to connect to a 5GHz WiFi network, which is possible with newer routers, will free the 2.4GHz band for your Bluetooth use. Hope that clarifies. Feel free if you have further questions.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2017

So I'm experiencing this same issue with the bluetooth for my SoundTouch 120 (in my living room) not staying connected/skipping when I connect via my phone or laptop. Love the advice and info about 2.4GHz vs 5GHz...unfortunately my router seems to only broadcast at 2.4-2.5GHZ so it sounds like I'd need a new router. Right?

So here's a twist I've noticed. My kitchen has a SoundTouch 10, and garage has a SoundTouch 20. Occasionally the SoundTouch 20 has bluetooth connectivity issues with my phone, I assumed it was range as it is furthest away from my router, however now I think it is the same 2.4GHZ issue. If I link up via bluetooth to my SoundTouch 10 (which for some unknown reason never seems to skip out), then use the app to link either or both of my other units to the SouncTouch 10....magically it all works...anyone got any ideas as to why I don't get interference here?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi csmithbass,

Thanks for the question.  I think this is able to work because the only bluetooth connection is between your phone and the SoundTouch 10.  Once the ST10 gets the audio from BT, it will rebroadcast it over Wi-Fi to your other speakers.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2017

Re: Bluetooth signal skipping and breaks up

Please  help.

Same issue being faced .

Please suggest.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2017

Hi,

Please help in suggesting that how to change from 2.4GHZ to 5 GHZ FOR sOUNDtOUCH20?

I am having the same issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2017

Thanks. Changing my iPad and iPhone connection from 2.4 to 5 on my router stopped the occasional skipping I am getting on my new Bose Quiet Comfort Bluetooth headphones. Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

I'm having trouble with my jbl 3. It skips when I'm connected to my Bluetooth. If I just play music through my Samsung 5 it doesn't. Any suggestions?