Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2017

Re: Bluetooth signal skipping and breaks up- SOLUTION

Hi Jeff

Is the JBL3 a Bose product?

I had an issue with my Bose QuietComfort Bluetooth headphones cutting in and out occasionally. By moving my devices (eg iPad or iPhone ) to my 5G router feed (instead of 2.5G) I have alleviated the issues.

Have you got the ability to go to a 5G connection?

Regards

Bart
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

I don't know how to go from 2.4 to 5. I'm not that much of a techy. How do I go about doing this?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi everyone, 

A few of you have asked about how to switch from a 2.4GHz network to the 5GHz network. I'd like to provide some information in regards to this:

First, your router has to be capable of broadcasting on the 5GHz band. Often, the router will be labeled as "dual-band" if it supports both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Another way to check would be to see which protocol your router uses. Today, the 802.11n and 802.11ac protocols are common, and both support 5GHz bands. 

If you've identified that your router does support a 5GHz band, you should first check the available Wi-Fi networks on a computer or mobile device. Many routers will automatically provide a 2.4GHz and 5GHz network. You might see something like "MyNetworkName" and "MyNetworkName-5G". If you see these, you can skip the following step about router settings. 

If you didn't see two separate network names, you will need to access your router's settings page. This can usually be done on a computer or mobile device. All routers have very different menus, so we recommend checking with either your Internet Service Provider or Router Manufacturer for steps to access this menu and setup the 5GHz network. 

Once you can confirm that you now have two separate network names showing up on your computer or mobile device's available Wi-Fi networks, we can then move on to the SoundTouch systems. Open your SoundTouch App, and open the Settings Menu. Then, open the "About" Menu. Choose your system, and look at the "Network SSID" field. Does this show your 5G network? If yes, then you are all set! If no, then you are going to need to go through the setup process again for this speaker and be sure to choose the 5G network during Wi-Fi setup:

• First, you will need to restore the system's factory defaults. Instructions can be found HERE
  • Next, we can re-add the system to your SoundTouch account. Follow the steps HERE

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Thank you Brian for this cristal clear and complete procedure!