sefraser
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

Bose 20 Soundtouch will not connect to bluetooth on Iphone 7

Hello, I was connected to and playing music from my Iphone 7 over my soundtouch speaker, received a phone call and when I tried to go back to playing the music I was no longer paired.  I attempted turning off and back on my phone, turning off and back on the speaker, clearing the paired list to try to reconnect and nothing is working.  I was able to connect using my Iphone 6 - the only difference is I haven't updated it yet with the latest Apple update.  Could the update have caused a problem with connecting?  Any ideas on what I can do to connect my Iphone 7? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose 20 Soundtouch will not connect to bluetooth on Iphone 7

Hello sefraser, 

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your SoundTouch 20.

Have you tried to reboot your phone at all? 

If you have, please reset your speaker by following the steps below: 

1. Turn off the product
  2. Unplug the product's power cord from the power outlet for 30 seconds
  3. Reconnect the power cord. A "beep-boop" uptone should sound within 10 seconds indicating the system is receiving power

Kind regards, 

Irina_I

Ressentez et agissez plus intensément
Vous êtes nouveau sur la communauté Bose ? Jetez un œil à notre Code de Conduite afin de trouver des conseils utiles pour vous aider à démarrer !
Highlighted
sefraser
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

No this did not correct it - the issue only started after I updated my phone with my He latest apple release
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello sefraser,

Sorry to hear about the problem. Thank you for trying the steps above. It's certainly strange that the issue started after the latest update for your iPhone. Let's try a fresh pairing of your device to your SoundTouch speaker:

• Open the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone. Find the SoundTouch speaker and select the blue circle to the right of the SoundTouch speaker's name. Select "Forget this device". 
  • Next, let's clear the Bluetooth device list on your SoundTouch speaker:
    • Turn the system is on
    • Press and hold the Bluetooth|AUX button for about 10 seconds
    • The system will emit a 'bee-boop' tone, indicating that the stored pairing list has been cleared. The button can then be released
    • In the source device's Bluetooth settings, remove the Bose system from the device's paired device list memory (refer to device's documentation for instructions)
    • Once the pairing list has been cleared, the system will enter discoverable mode.

• Finally, we will re-pair the iPhone to the SoundTouch speaker:

• Place the iPhone close to the system
    • Make sure Bluetooth is turned-on within the iPhone's Bluetooth settings.
    • Select "Add a new device" or "Search for devices" and wait for the device to search (or the SoundTouch speaker may simply show up as an available device).
    • From the list of discovered devices that appears on the device, select "Bose SoundTouch"
    • If the device requests a password/PIN, enter "0000"
    • Once successfully paired, the SoundTouch system name will appear in the device's Bluetooth list and a chirping tone will emit from the system's speakers
    • Retest the system. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian