Flaps767
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Bose 30 and mini II

Can I play internet radio in my livingroom on the 30 and pair the mini II in the garage? How?
Can't find a way on Bose app.
Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose 30 and mini II

Author Accepted Answer selected by Flaps767

Hi Flaps767,

Thanks for the question.  You can only play SoundTouch sources to other SoundTouch speakers.  It is not possible to Play All to a Bluetooth speaker, as Play All uses Wi-Fi to send audio.

You can connect a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to the AUX connection of the SoundLink Mini II.  This would allow for playback of SoundTouch audio, however the STWL would have to be plugged in for power.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Flaps767

Hi Flaps767,

Thanks for the question.  You can only play SoundTouch sources to other SoundTouch speakers.  It is not possible to Play All to a Bluetooth speaker, as Play All uses Wi-Fi to send audio.

You can connect a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to the AUX connection of the SoundLink Mini II.  This would allow for playback of SoundTouch audio, however the STWL would have to be plugged in for power.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Flaps767
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Thanks so much! I kept the mini for short trips and picnics and bought 2 sound touch 10 to spread in my home..... just love the sound!
Highlighted
Flaps767
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Hi Brendon, I just installed the 2 sound touch speakers and the presets are all the same as the 30 I have. I do like the stations I have however would like to change one and the "help" tells me to. Drag a station... not sure what that info is all about. Thanks for helping out.
Simone
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Glad to hear the ST10s are working well for you!

There are a couple of ways you can set presets in the SoundTouch App.  If you are on a smart phone or tablet, you can use your finger to press and hold down on the specific station you want to set as a preset, and drag it to the bottom of the screen to the preset number you would like to assign it to.  The same thing can be done in the SoundTouch App on PC/Mac using the mouse.

You can also start playing the radio station on your SoundTouch system, then press and hold down the preset button you would like to assign it to on the top of the SoundTouch 10, similar to setting a radio preset on a car stereo.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Best,

Brandon