Jlopez1570
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

Bose 300 Soundtouch ARC looses connection

I have had my Bose 300 SoundTouch Bar with a WiFi bass and satellite speakers (5.1 wireless system) for two years. Lately I haven’t been able to listen to my almost $2000.00 speaker system while watching TV because I loose my ARC connection. I can only achieve TV sound through my bose wireless speaker system if I unplug both TV and sound bar. Once I plug both back to the power source I have TV sound in my Bose system but only for half a movie because I loose my ARC connection. It’s ashamed that such a high quality brand  such as Bose has a done something wrong with their software and let this enormous glitch affect their product and leave their customers with an expensive dead black box. Hope Bose resolves this glitch and keeps their customers satisfied.

3 REPLIES 3
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose 300 Soundtouch ARC looses connection

You're jumping to conclusions.  My Bose Soundtouch 300 does not lose connection to my LG C7 OLED TV using HDMI ARC.  The problem could be many things.  I would contact Bose support for help.  You might need to send your soundbar in for repair.

Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @Jlopez1570 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar and would be happy to help.

As observed by @Xyz987 there are a number of things that can cause this issue. My first suggestion would be regarding removing the HDMI cable and replacing this with the optical cable. I would recommend that you leave this in this way for a day or 2 to confirm that you're not having the same issues. If you are still having these issues, please reach out to Bose Support directly by selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if needed.

If this is fine through an optical cable, then other than trying a different HDMI cable I would advise that you check that all the CEC settings are enabled for your TV. Depending on the make of the TV this may be labelled differently (such as Anynet+. SimpLink, etc.) so please search for this in relation to the TV. If these are enabled correctly, I would recommend that you reboot all of the systems as you have prior, but ensure that the Soundbar is turned on first and set to the TV source, then power on the TV. This usually allows the TV to read this correctly as a sound output (rather than video) and will play correctly.

Please let me know how you get on when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

martyntje82
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I also encounter problems with the hdmi arc connection since a few days now. I have my soundtoch 300 connected to a samsung es8000 tv via hdmi arc. Worked perfectly for almost 3 years. But since last weekend i’m unable to receive sound anymore from the tv.

Even unplugging and reconnecting doesn’t work for me. Also updated both tv and soundtouch to the latest firmware versions but no luck so far.