Highlighted
Soundguy!
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2017

Bose 300 sound quality

I'm a bit disappointed in the Bose 300 soundbar. It's so dynamic sounds great except for the high end. Voices are boxy around the 500k frequency (if I was to guess) and I think that would be fine IF you could add some 6.3 and up, it might be perfect. It seems this is the issue with Bose stand alone products but not the 5.1 products. Why such a great product, a great company with great technology can't get this right for the price they charge, I'll never know. I tried putting curtains and a mattress on the walls hoping the calibration would be tricked into making the eq brighter but no success. So while Sonos doesn't have all of the qualities that Bose has especially when it comes to the tightness and deep sounds of the sub and the dynamics in the system, I had to take the Bose back and go with the Sonos product. Sonos allows control over the treble. Sonos doesn't have the smoothness over the crossover points between the sub and the soundbar but what can a person do? The Sonos sub took a while for me to set up. I had to take about 45 minutes to place it in a spot that flowed smoother into the soundbar because the sub has a harshness around the lower mid somewhere. I'm guessing 160-250ish somewhere in that area. Weird but I'm guessing it's where the crossover point is. With that being said, it still crazy to spend $1400 and get these missing areas from top notch leaders in their industry.
2 REPLIES 2
dougjc2000
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Re: Bose 300 sound quality

Maybe you should engineer your own system - you seem hard to please.

Soundguy!
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2017

Re: Bose 300 sound quality

Maybe you are right! Ha! Just seems with all of the Bose technology, they would at least give you a treble knob!