spondtwo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2015

Re: Bose AE2 Soundlink bluetooth headset - Power loses every 15 mins on VoIP

My company recently purchased 10 of these headsets, and we are ALL experiencing this timeout issue.  We're all working off of Lenovo Thinkpads. So, not a Dell issue.  
This widget could not be displayed.
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Hi all. 
We wanted everyone to know that we have a new application available currently in the Apple app store that will be helpful for you.  It will also available in the Google Play store within the next few days.
The application is called BoseConnect and is specifically designed for owners of the SoundLink Around Ear II headphones.
One of the app's features is to disable the timeout function of the headset to alleviate this issue.  Note that this could impact the battery life of the headset but it's there for customers who choose to use it. 
Thanks for the great feedback around this issue.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

View solution in original post

theoutlander
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

I recently purchased this product and I'm running into the same disconnection issue as mentioned above. 
I have tried an external USB dongle and it doesn't work well with VOIP on Sococo either. I haven't had a disconnection issue using Spotify. For a premium bose headset, it should at least do the basics right. I'm on a Win 7 desktop. 
Those who claim there's no issue, have you tried using a VOIP for 15-30 minutes?
BOSE support said that this sounds like a lemon and offered a replacement. I'm also experiencing issues with the headphones not playing audio in stereo. I have to reinstall the drivers. When it comes out of sleep, the headset has to be reinstalled. I'm about to return this junk unless BOSE is able to put out a patch. Clearly there's no solution to this problem based off this thread.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi theoutlander,

If you contacted our support group and they determined that the headset might be defective, we would strongly encourage you to work with them in order to replace the product under its warranty.
Thank you. 

Bosa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 4, 2016

+1 to the 15 minute time-out disconnect issue. 
I am using a lenovo t430 with Win 7 pro on board. I have also tried running other audio/video streaming pages on the background, but it keeps happening. Exactly at the 15 minute marker. 
It is really frustrating... Since I have also purchased my SL over the ear II for the bullt in mic so that I can use it in my business meetings. 
I am wondering, if anyone has tried the app mentioned above to disable the auto-turn off timer, it is quoted to be 20 mins, not 15, so I doubt if it really is the issue. I feel like it is a MS issue, that it is MS that disables the connection, since it doesn't register the device is actively being used for some reason. Can Bose Tech actually contact Microsoft to get an answer from them on this issue?
Thanks!
mktguru
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2015

So, I gave up on the Dell Laptop, thinking it's Dell's bluetooth stack problem. 
Now, a new problem. During a webinar (no audio connected) on my personal laptop: Macbook Pro (OS X El Captian ver. 10.11.2), I used audio by calling in with my iPhone 6 Plus. Both phone and laptop are paired with my headset, but phone sound is choppy and distorted all the time. I believe there's an interference issue, but is there any known solution to this problem? My love/hate relationship with this headset is only growing 😞
ER17
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2016

Hi- not a response/answer as I just found this thread and wanted to chime in that we bought the soundlink AE2 headset as a Christmas present and linked to a Dell Inspiron laptop (and Windows 10) wirelessly, also experience the very frustating disconnect after a few minutes. This can happen playing a game or listening to internet-source music. Hopefully a fix will come out?
TravelingDan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2016

Jumping in to chime in that it's not just that laptop. I'm running an HP Envy with windows 10 and experience the same issues. The headset disconnects exactly every 15 minutes. Interestingly enough this only happens when I'm using Skype, not when I'm watching videos. I don't use any other VOIP services so I can't speak as to the performance with other programs. When using Skype on an iPhone 6S the headset does not disconnect.
tyep71
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

I just installed the apple app. I will test it today and update my post.
tyep71
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

The app fixed my headphones. I have been playing and using Skype for the past few hours.