cocktailx
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2016

Re: Bose AE2 Soundlink bluetooth headset - Power loses every 15 mins on VoIP

Had exactly the same problem with powering down when using Skype on my HP Folio 9470m running Windows 8.1 - the Bose Connect App fixed it for me. You can change the auto off setting to "never".
This was my only gripe with these otherwise excellent headphones. I only found this thread after buying a bluetooth dongle to try and fix this issue, but at least it's sorted now.
Ajit
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 2, 2016

I am having the similar problem. I have purchased a bose soundlink II headhpone and found that it gets disconnected in every 15mins when I connect it to Windows 8 Laptop or my windows phone even. Then I exchanged the device with a new one. Unfortunately, I am having the same problem again with the new device (bose soundlink II headphone). But, this time it gets disconnected in every 18 mins exactly. It gets disconnected when I listen to music or watching movies or anything else and not remain in idle. Not sure what should be the solution as it happened with 2 devices one after another.
mktguru
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2015

Hello everyone, 
I've learned three things in the past few months - 
1. My problem is not just mine.
2. However, when I started using a MacBook Pro, instead of Windows 7 PCs, the headset produced ZERO problems. I am now enjoying Skype calls, and all other VoIP services (WebEx, Gotomeeting, join.me, etc.) without anything like the every-15-mins-timeout.
3. So my conclusion is that it's not BOSE headset's prob, and it's definitely a Windows 7 operating system's Bluetooth stack issue. I have another personal PC on Windows 10, which I haven't tested yet. Once I do, will share the experience as well. 
I am pretty confident that I have experienced more frustration than anybody here (tried at least 3 different Windows PCs, three different Bluetooth headsets of the same models - I even tried "OE" models after several "AE" models) and almost gave up on this handy/quality headset until I found MacBook's no problem.

Thanks all for sharing your expereince - community communications really helped. 

bkschroder
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2016

mktguru,
Over the past 4 months, I've experienced the same problems you have (Skype / VoIP calls) and I also use Windows 7 Pro at work.  I've spent many hours frustrated thinking it is a problem with the USB bluetooth dongle software and felt like I tried everything.  Thanks for this thread... gives me a little more piece of mind that it is a Windows 7 problem.
That being said, now that we know it has to do with Windows, does anyone have a back-end fix to the Bluetooth VoIP settings on Windows? Possibly by using the Windows Registry Editor?
Any help would be huge, as I don't see my company upgrading to Windows 10 anytime soon (assuming, of course, that the issue also doesn't exist on Win 10).... Thanks
GenbandVoIPEngi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 27, 2016

How to get this set for your PC. <recommend updating headset firmware first>
Download Bose Connect app to your phone. Pair your headset to your phone. Launch Bose Connect. Go to Settings. Set the Auto Power Down as desired. Now you can disconnect your phone and pair back to your PC and the setting stays with the headset. Brilliant! With this I have zero complaints with this headset. Now all I need to do is get my Polycom VVX600 bluetooth working!
NoVoipForMe
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 1, 2016

Hi all,
I'm using Windows 10 and I've been experiencing the same problem. I did not check if it is exactly 15 minutes or more, but it always happens. After a while during Skype or GoToMeeting calls, the bose soundlink II headhpone shuts down. I also tried everything I could think of but none worked. I'm back to my old $20 headset and really frustrated that I did not know this before spending lots of money on something I cannot use for the purpose I bought it. And now, finding out this could be a Microsoft issue is even worst. Before I had some expectation that Bose would eventually solve it. Now I am completely hopeless.   
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Please see Jason's answer (selected as the best answer above in the thread) which outlines that it will soon be possible to disable the time-out feature via The Bose Connect app for the headset.
MichaelJangared
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2016

Hi All,
I am using this headphones from last 1 month. But to my laptop its frequently disconnecting when i am listening songs and also watching movies. My laptop is Dell Inspirion latest one. i have a updated Bluetooth drivers. After disconnecting to connect i use to click any button to headset and then its connecting to laptop again and after 15 mins its getting disconnects, Is there any solution for this. 
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

MichaelJangareddi,
If your set of headphones is the same as those listed in the original post then you should be able to download and use the Bose Connect app for your android or iOS device. This app will let you update the headphones and adjust certain features such as the automatic shut-off feature.
Thank you. 
tgaeb2099
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2016

Hi George,
I believe MichaelJangareddi was referring to his laptop as opposed to the mobile device apps you listed above. Is there an application or similar workaround for a laptop/computer using the Windows operating system? I am using the exact same headset and currently experiencing the exact same issue in which the headset disconnects during live and active calls after 15 minutes. Please let me know if there is a solution.