Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Bose AE2 Soundlink bluetooth headset - Power loses every 15 mins on VoIP

tgaeb2099, use of the app we mentioned will allow you to disable the "auto-off" feature on the headphones. This is the feature which is interrupting calls on your computer. Once the change is made via the app, the headset should perform as desired when connected to your computer.
Hope this clarifies.
Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 8, 2016

Phone support helped me through this process, but it did not resolve the shut-off issue with my PC. Is there not an app for PC to make this setting?
Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 2, 2016

Hi George, the app unfortunately does not resolve my issue. When I am on VoIP calls, the headset will disconnect from the computer after a certain amount of time, even with the auto-off set to "never". To reiterate the original ask and also follow-on to tims post above, is there an app for PC/windows that will allow the same setting adjustment? Or otherwise a resolution that will prevent this from occurring specifially on PC/Windows?
Thanks
Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 8, 2016

Thank you for this comment tgaeb2099. You are perfectly correct.
George,
This is the main issue for this thread. Phone support also assumed the app would fix the issue with using a PC (Skype). It definitely does not. I want to use this headset for all day training and I am more than willing to purchase a new set once I am assured this issue has been resolved. As tgaeb2099 stated, SPECIFICALLY FOR PC/WINDOWS!
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

The setting in the app changes the behavior of the headset itself to prevent it from disconnecting from the Bluetooth source after a period of time.  It sounds as if it's being disconnected by the PC for some reason. 
We'll provide this information to our development team to see if they have any insight.  
Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 14, 2016

I'm going to try the solution stated. I just got mine and using a windows laptop and been having the same problem. I've only used them twice thus far.
Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 8, 2016

I think I may have found a solution for myself. I made many attempts to use the downloadable Bose updater tool I dowloaded several weeks ago, but could never get it to conect to my headset. I had phone support help me and they also gave up trying to connect it. NOW: I don't know if this website (http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/soundlink_on-ear_bluetooth_webapp/page.html#section=conne...)is knew or I just missed it the first time, but I was finally able to get my headset to connect to the online updater. That being said, for some reason my windows 7 Dell work computer would not connect. (Could have been a network restiction) I then tried my personal windows 10 surface on an open wifi and it connected right away. After the update, no more shutdowns. Was it as simple as getting the latest update?? Could be since I purchased this set at Best Buy and likely had old firmware. None the less, it seems my problem is solved. If anything changes I will be sure to let everyone know. I will check back to this post in case anyone has any questions on what I did. 
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi tims,

That is great to hear! If you have any future questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 26, 2016

Regrettably this just started happening this week and months before I've had no issues. I'd love to stop looking like a chump when I'm expected to be the solution architect on the phone but can't get headphones to properly connect to a computer??? Little help...? Headin towards "BoseConnect " now...

#unchumpme

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 26, 2016

Doesn't appear there is a solution to the A2 headphones cutting out on the computer, a natrual time out of 15minutes isn't advertised anywhere on the product and I'd like a reimbursement asap.

Plus, my understanding of bose is the money goes back into inovation. Product feedback is the leading key for customer facing companies, and the amount I've spent on 'just headphones' from bose, you'd be able to afford an edit function for posts in your community.

#feelinguntechnicalw/bose