Highlighted
Sloanermania
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 6, 2017

Bose Acoustimass 300 popping and cracking intermittently

I purchased the Bose Soundtouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 recently and absolutely loved the system at first until it started popping and cracking randomly from the subwoofer and it loses its link to the soundbar intermittently as well. I've never turned it up over half as loud as it can go because it is so loud so I hope it hasn't busted anything inside. It may go an hour or so without popping or losing signal then it will do it several time in a row. It kinda sounds like popcorn popping and I can never tell when it's gonna do it as there is no pattern. I've reset both numerous times and done the update over the soundtouch app and don't know what else to do. Also it seems to do it more often at lower volumes and less often when the volume is up.
2 REPLIES 2
Kirkobangz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 26, 2017

Re: Bose Acoustimass 300 popping and cracking intermittently

There is another tread on here with the same complaint.

See my last post, I think I resolved it.

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Acoustimass-300-Loud-scratching-popping-noise/td-p...

Sloanermania
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 6, 2017

Re: Bose Acoustimass 300 popping and cracking intermittently

Thank you so much for the reply. I searched through previous threads and must have missed that one. I went and got a cord to run from the soundtouch to the acoustimass and for now that seems to have fixed my problem, but I guess time will tell. Thanks again.