Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2015

Bose Cinemate 130 V/s SoundTouch130

What is the difference between Bose Cinemate 130 and SoundTouch130 apart from SoundTouch Adapter?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 22, 2015

Re: Bose Cinemate 130 V/s SoundTouch130

Raka,
Besides the addition of the Soundtouch adapter, there is no difference between the Soundtouch 130 and the Cinemate 130. All other components are precisely the same. 
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2015

Hello Thomas,
Thanks for your reply. I just called up customer care and they said the Soundtouch 130 adapter has bluetooth and wifi , whereas the Cinemate 130 adaptro (additional) has only wifi (no bluetooth)
-Rakesh

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 22, 2015

Raka
The information you were given is partially true. To explain,

• The Cinemate 130 was introduced in 2014. At that time, it was sold alongside the Series I Soundtouch adapter, though this was not included in the Cinemate 130 box.
  • The Soundtouch 130 was introduced in 2015, and sold alongside the Series II Soundtouch adapter; this time, the Series II Soundtouch adapter was included in the Soundtouch 130 box.
  • The Series I adapter was Wi-Fi only, whereas the Series II adapter is also Bluetooth capable.
  • If you were to purchase a Cinemate 130 system today, you would still purchase the Soundtouch Adapter separately; however, you would purchase the Series II Soundtouch adapter, which is Bluetooth capable, as the Series I Soundtouch adapter is no longer sold.
  • Since the systems are otherwise identical, the Cinemate 130 is just as compatible with the Series II Soundtouch adapter as the Soundtouch 130. The only difference is whether the adapter is included in the box.

Hope this clears the matter up for you,