Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2016

Bose Lifestlyle 650 and Xbox One X support

I just got a Xbox One X for Christmas and have it connected as a Xbox One for device choices but I was curious if Bose Lifestyle 650 supports HDR because I have noticed quite often flickering when when the HDR or a 4K resolution change happens offten get a green line through my screen or when HDR turns on for Netflix app on Xbox One X it goes blue but it does go away when turn Xbox off and back on.

Is their any plans from Bose for firmware updates or anything to fix this or support Xbox One X better.

Okay just did a test on my LG OLED TV I removed Ultra Deep HD the green line goes but I lose HDR does the bose handle its own HDR?  There seems to be a issue between the Bose and LG for handling HDR devices.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2016

Re: Bose Lifestlyle 650 and Xbox One X support

Going to bump this because I really need this answered.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Hi Bos3i5Gr3aT
On your Lg, make sure ultra hdmi is set to on, I take it you have it plugged into port 2.
On your xbox, tv settings, make sure all boxes are ticked, from 4k to 3d, the most important one is to allow yuv 4,2,2. but have them all ticked.
Hope this helps
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2016

Thank you for answering yes I have it connected HDMI ARC which is port 2 also my xbox and tv settings all boxes are ticked except 3D since my tv is not 3D but for some reason lets say when the ultra hd turns on when accessing the Netflix app on Xbox the pictures all goes blue but when I exit the app and reopen it everything is back to normal.  One other issue I have noticed I see green lines appear sometimes on the right or the left where I have to shutoff Xbox and turn it back on.  I am using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One X and made sure it was connected firmly so I am wondering if Bose needs to make a firmware update for the new Xbox.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Ok, will go through some fault finding steps, my suspicion is that your hdmi cables can't carry the 18 Gbps has needed for 4k HDR video @ 60 fps with multi channel surround !!

1) First of all, on general with the tv settings, make sure your ultra hdmi is turned on for port 2, which you have your Bose plugged into, turn all off for about 10 secs, when turning on, turn the Bose on first, if the tv does not turn on automatically with your Bose, turn on the Tv.

Select your source (xbox) and leave for about 10 secs before switching your xbox x on.

If this hasn't resolved your issues, please go into your xbox tv menu, and make sure everything is ticked including 3d, you have said your tv doesn't support 3d but, all you tube videos recommend having all ticked, close everything down and turn off, reboot all following steps above, turning Bose then tv on first, waiting around 10 secs then, turning on the xbox.  This is to make sure all HDCP handshakes are given time to communicate.

2)  If none of the above works, try renaming the source on the Bose console for your xbox, press setup on your Bose remote, device management, remove xbox then, add new device calling it playstation. Then follow above boot sequence.  This will determine if for some reason, labeling your games console as xbox will not passthrough 4K HDR 60 fps.

3) HDMI cables - All cables must be High speed to enable 4k HDR 60 fps, the length of the cables also play a factor with the signal of sending the full 18 GBps from the source to the Tv.  If your Xbox X cable is 2M connected to your Bose then also, the Bose HDMI cable is 2M connected to your Tv, that's a total of 4 Meters where dropouts of signal may be effecting what your seeing on your Tv.

I have a Playstation Pro, all my cables are from audioquest and are of the carbon range, length of my Playstation to Bose HDMI cable is 0.5M, Length of cable from Bose to Tv is 1.5M, giving a total of 2Meters. I don't experience any dropouts or screen anomalies whilst running on PS4, 4K HDR @ 60 fps.

I would recommend getting new, good quality cables and, keeping the total length down to 2 - 3 meters if possible.

Hope This helps you out.

Regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

I’m having the same problem, have changed out cables, Bose even sent me a new receiver. It is a handshake problem with the Xbox. I’m waiting on a software update to fix this