Highlighted
J
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Bose Music App with Bose Soundbar 700 Pandora Error C7 - SC1036

Any time I touch a preset Pandora station or try and search or add a new station I get this error:

That didn't work.  Try plaing something else.

[C7 - SC1036]

I have removed my Pandora app and the Bose Music App and reloaded with no change.  I have no problem playing music from the same presets if I choose the Pandora App.  But when I choose to play through Bose Music App, no Pandora will play.  The TuneIn option does play radio stations fine through the Soundbar 700.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mangela
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: Bose Music App with Bose Soundbar 700 Pandora Error C7 - SC1036

Author Accepted Answer selected by J
I had the same issue. In the Bose music app settings, sign out of the pandora account. Then sign back in.
You do not need premium service as a previous reply stated.
7 REPLIES 7

Hello J,

Thanks for the post.

We're sorry to see you're running into this issue with Pandora through the Bose Music app, but we'd be happy to help.

What version of Pandora do you have is it a paid or free account? Which region are you located in?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

J
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Hi Joel,

I have the Pandora free account.  Version 1902.1.

Bose Music Version 1.4.5

I live in Maryland, USA

I just removed and reloaded these apps a couple days ago to see if this was the problem, but with no change.  I assume since I just loaded them they are the latest and greatest.

Over a year ago I bought the Bose SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier & Wireless 251 Outdoor Speakers with Wireless Link Adapter

This is SoundTouch App Version 20.0.3, Protocol 61, Interface Version 20.0.10

I also use my Pandora free account to play music through the Bose SoundTouch speakers and have never had a problem with this playing any Pandora station, preset or new add.  All this of course is resident on my Apple iPhone6 iOS 12.1.4 just loaded tonight, but no change to above Bose Music / Pandora issue.

Prior to two days ago, ever since I bought the Bose Soundbar 700 and loaded the Bose Music App in Dec2018, I've had no problem playing any Pandora preset or new add station or playing any other music source.

Hi J,

Thank you for confirming what you have done.

I took care of the post and moved it to the Smart Home section of our community, thanks for letting us know.

One other thing I can suggest since it had been working in the past is to try rebooting your router and Soundbar 700 by unplugging them both from power for 30 seconds and test again.

Can you let me know what the results are after that?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

J
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Joel,

I was out of town for a couple weeks and just getting back to this.  I rebooted all equip (wifi, TV, Bose Sound Bar, routers, switches, iPhone, etc.)  Upon turning all equip back on with all working properly, the original issue with the Bose Music App still exists exactly how it was described above.

Hi J, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and i'm sorry to hear the issue still persists.

As you mentioned that you currently have a free Pandora account, could you clarify if you are trying to play the Pandora stations through Bluetooth or through the Bose Music app? 

If you are trying to play Pandora through the Bose Music app, this would not work as it requires a premium subscription to do so.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Leon_C - Community Support

Mangela
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by J
I had the same issue. In the Bose music app settings, sign out of the pandora account. Then sign back in.
You do not need premium service as a previous reply stated.
J
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Ok, great!  Thanks Mangela.  I had gone in and changed my password a few days ago and the next time I tried to play Pandora it worked fine.  So, what you're describing happened within what I did, so that's what must have fixed it.