Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Bose NC 700 Headphones Music App reverts to lower volume on headphones at each song change

When playing music through on iphone XR, each time the song changes, the bose app changes the volume to a lower output causing me to have to turn the volume back up on each song.  Volume is turned all the way up on the iphone setting, and if I turn the volume louder through the apple music app or through the bose music app for a song, when the song ends the volume goes back down - you can actually watch the bar slide back on the phone without touching it.  This scenario does not appear to happen when the headphones are paired to my ipad 4 , with the same apple music app and bose music app (three different places the volume can be accessed)- the volume stays put unless I change it, so seems to be compatitbility with the XR?  Called support line, they said is was a phone issue (she kept referring to OS 6??) and said I could listen on my ipad.....really?  Is there a way to set a preferred volume - specifically my preferred volume and not Bose?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 Headphones Music App reverts to lower volume on headphones at each song change

Hello TTop71,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

This might in fact be an issue revolving around your iPhone XR device, however I would like to look into this and see if any troubleshooting is able to resolve this issue. 

Can you please confirm the software version of your iPhone? And that your Bose Music App is up to date? 

Does this issue occur when you have a cabled connection to your Iphone? 

Also, does this occur with services such as spotify or TuneIn services aside from Apple Music? 

Finally, does the volume alter when you connect via Bluetooth not using the Bose Music App?

We would love to do what we can to help with this. 

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 Headphones Music App reverts to lower volume on headphones at each song change

Hello my XR and iPad are both version 12.3.1. I downloaded the most current version of the Bose app on July 2 when I first got the headphones. On the phone with tech support we redownloaded the app and confirmed the headphones had the current updates. I cannot plug in the headphones to my phone. iPhone no longer supplies a port for cable connecting like the older models so Bluetooth is the only option.  

I do have an old iPod nano that can cable connect, did so, and had no volume change issues when changing songs.  However, you cannot control the volume through the touch feature on the headphones, only physically on the iPod.  Touch controls do not respond, but iPod is from 2006 and pre Bluetooth.

This appears to be a Bose music app issue with downloaded vs streaming music as I can visually watch the volume slider bar lower after each new song is queued.  None of the other volume controls on the phone react.

I do not have this issue with my SiriusXM app on the phone, nor the tunein app
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello TTop71,

Thanks for getting back in touch and providing all that information for me. Please could you try a product reset and also delete then re-download the app.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

I hope this helps, please let me know the results of your testing after the troubleshooting steps.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

I have tried to reset the headphones and now I have no power, no battery light, no bluetooth.  Headphones are dead

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello TTop71,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that this has happened. I would suggest that in this instance you call the customer care team so that they can give you can help you in real time with this issue since the headset will no longer power on.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Hello, I was able to figure out all of the issues except one. The volume control issue resolved once I turned my iwatch volume all the way up and just left it loud, as with the volume on the XR. I could then have complete volume control on the headset providing that I was not signed in to the Bose music app. It is the Bose music app that is incompatible with the volume control, and I have yet to see an update to the app.  Also I never use the app because it never maintains a Bluetooth connection for longer than ten minutes.  Once you connect your device the app is useless so I deleted it, and let the other smart devices be “smart”