Highlighted
SilentbobAU
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2016

Bose PC Windows app

Hi All
My Bose windows app is not adding music that is in my library. So I have deleted the app and reinstalled with no luck, So then I deleted the windows music folder and rebooted the Bose app it syncs and it is still showing all of my music, but there is none in the folder. I go to play it to make sure it's gone and it is. So I have now uninstalled the app deleted the music folder then reinstalled the app then put one song in the music folder to see if it shows up. I start the app and sign in and it is still showing all of my music the does not exist, where is it getting this info and how can i fix this problem
Any help would be great
Thanks 
SB
9 REPLIES 9
felipefaccini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2015

Re: Bose PC Windows app

+1

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Silent_Bob,

Sorry to hear about the library issues. Are you using iTunes or Windows Media Player?

-Brandon

Highlighted
poz
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

I have the same problem with Windows 7: reinstalled everything but it doesnt work. I have written to the help desk but they dont reply: very good service. 

Highlighted
poz
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Bose PC Windows app

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi Silent_Bob,

Sorry to hear about the library issues. Are you using iTunes or Windows Media Player?

-Brandon

I have the same problem with Windows 7: reinstalled everything but it doesnt work. I have written to the help desk but they dont reply: very good service. 

Highlighted
Kozmiktramp
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Hi all

i had the same problem with playlists - i got it to work by and maybe worth a try is to copy all your music folders to your desktop, uninstall the app, make sure your music libraray is empty, delete all current folders in there - build new folders, reinstall the app and them copy all the contents from each folder into the new folders - hope that makes sense.

Highlighted
poz
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Im glad you found a solution, but it's something that bose should fix notthe customers. I see bose software is really s... Their products have many big bugs, unacceptable for a (ex) high quality brand.
Highlighted
poz
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion but it's not me that have to work to fix Bose bugs: they should do. Anyway it'd take to much time to move my music. And it's not this the main problem in Bose app unfortunatly.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello poz and Kozmiktramp,

I'm sorry to hear that you both have been experiencing similar issues related to your music libraries. Are you both using iTunes? If so, here are a couple of steps to consider: 

• First, be sure all of your music is centrally located within the iTunes Media folder
  • Be sure the missing tracks are in one of the following supported audio formats: MP3, AAC (non-protected files), M4A (including ALAC), WMA (not including WMA lossless), FLAC (16bit/44.1 kHz - stereo files only). 
  • Make sure the files aren't only stored in the cloud: In iTunes, locate the column with the cloud icon. If it is not visible, right-click on the column headings (Windows) / View > View Options (Mac), and enable the "iCloud Download" option. Any track displayed with a cloud icon will not be able to be played by the SoundTouch App, as the file is not stored locally on the computer. To resolve this issue, click on the cloud icon to download the track.
  • Sync your music library: 
    • Right-click the SoundTouch icon in the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac)
    • Select "Sync Music Library"

Try the above steps, and let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Kozmiktramp
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Thanks but all sorted now,