Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Bose SA-4 Controller Batteries Drain

I bought a SA-4 Amplifier last summer, I preferred this unit instead the latest SA-5 because the possibility to operate it with the romote controller, the problem is I need to change the 4 AA batteries every 3 days, is this normal?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Bose SA-4 Controller Batteries Drain

Hi coopersport,

Thanks for writing in!

I would say this is not normal operation as it should be rated at about 6-12 months of normal use.  I would recommend trying a complete reset of the remote:

• Remove the batteries from the controller
  • Press and hold the screen on the controller
  • Continue holding the screen and insert the batteries

This will restore the remote to factory settings.  If this does not resolve the issue, I'd recommend reaching out to your local support team by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

thanks Tony for your reply, I did the reset process many times but it's still the same, I'm going to contact the US assistance to see if they can help....

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi coopersport,

Thank you for the update, Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

hi everyone
I have the same problem. I think the problem is with the display lighting up every 10 seconds. Normally I can take about 3 to 4 months with one set of batteries. But since the last 2 updates, the batteries are empty after a week. I have my system for 4 years, so it is not new.

Regards

Tony