Jerezano
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2016

Bose Solo 15 SR1

I just got Bose Solo 15 S1 I'm very impressed with the sound from this bar But I need some help 
if someone know what is the differences of Solo 15 SR1 vs  SR2 please let me know 
Also I saw some comments regarding that Solo 15 SR1 can be update it software using the USB port service in the back of the bar, my question is if this is very important to do the update what benefits the Bar can have with the updates again is someone know please let me know thank you 🙂
1 REPLY 1
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Solo 15 SR1

Hi jerezanito,

I think you are referring to the Solo 15 series I and series II. The big difference between the two is that the series II supports Bluetooth whereas the series I does not. If you have a series I there were only 2 updates available for the system. The first one adds the ability to bypass the systems automatic input selection and manually select the analog input by holding the Blue button on the Bose universal remote. Please note that this functionality is not possible with the 4 button remote. The second fixed a bug where the system may occasionally needed to be reset when there was no audio.
The only way to determine if a software update is available is to try installing an update. If the updater determines there is a newer version it will update the system. If not, it will show that the system is up-to-date.

To do an update with a Windows computer:

1. Bring the USB drive to the Solo system and follow these steps:
  2. Turn on the Solo system
  3. Insert a USB drive into the connector labeled "Service" on the rear of the system. The green light should turn amber and blink for several seconds, then go out. If the indicator light on the system does not change after you insert the thumb drive, remove the thumb drive and reinsert it
  4. When the light goes out, remove the USB drive. The system information is now available on the USB drive

Go to a computer and go to http://worldwide.bose.com/soloupdates and follow the instructions there

1. In the File Download window, click Run or Save.
  2. If you clicked Run, follow the prompts to perform the update
  3. If you clicked Save, select a location for saving the file. Then go to that location and start the application
  4. Choose a language from the drop down menu
  5. Read and accept the End Users License Agreement
  6. Insert a USB drive into the computer and follow the instructions

Once this is done, bring the USB drive to the Solo system and follow these steps:

1. Turn on the Solo system
  2. Plug the provided USB drive into the Service connector on the back. The system status indicator changes to solid Amber. When the update is finished the system turns off the status indicator, and plays four tones
  3. Remove the USB drive. After a moment the system plays the power-on tone
  4. Turn on the system and verify that the status indicator is solid Green

Thank you