Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nomesdrome
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

Bose SoundTouch 10 - 3 white led lights

I purchased a Bose SoundTouch 10 about 8 months ago to add to my bedroom as I also own one for the living room. It was a painful process to setup both of them initially but eventually got them to work perfectly. Had no issues with it until recently:

My bedroom Bose is stuck on 3 white led lights that are not blinking. I've disconnected the power cable, waited over a minute before plugging back in and the moment I plug it in, it shows the 3 non-blinking white led lights. I've tried these procedures:

1) Pushing on/off with the power button but it wont even turn off.

2) Pushing 1 & Volume (-) together but no changes. (factory settings)

3) Pushing 2 & Volume (-) together but no changes. (wifi)

These 3 non-blinking white led lights are for the bluetooth, aux, and soundtouch. The wifi light is turned off.

On the soundtouch app, it wont even recognize the bedroom Bose to be turned on even though it's all plugged in. When trying to set it up, it's asking to do step 3 that I've listed to get the amber light for the wifi but none of those buttons are working. It's literally bricked at at those 3 white lights. 

What can I do to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Bose SoundTouch 10 - 3 white led lights

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello Nomesdrome, 

Thanks for posting on the Bose Community.

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues using the SoundTouch 10. It sounds like it may be bricked but before seeking service I would recommend trying to force a manual update to the Firmware to see if this helps un-brick it. 

Details can be found on this link 

If this fails to resolve the issue, please get in contact with support by visiting this link. Please select your country, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'contact.'

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You may have to send it to Bose for repair.  Is your warranty one year?

nomesdrome
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

I’m not sure. I think the guy at the register said it comes with a 2-yr warranty by default?
Jeff_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello Nomesdrome, 

Thanks for posting on the Bose Community.

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues using the SoundTouch 10. It sounds like it may be bricked but before seeking service I would recommend trying to force a manual update to the Firmware to see if this helps un-brick it. 

Details can be found on this link 

If this fails to resolve the issue, please get in contact with support by visiting this link. Please select your country, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'contact.'

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post