Sauzee07
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Bose SoundTouch 10 Wireless Speaker Remote

My remote volume control keeps going up and down . Same thing happens when using the volume control for my iPad any fixes please 👍

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose SoundTouch 10 Wireless Speaker Remote

Hey Sauzee07

Thank you for reaching out to the community, I will happily assist you with this issue!

First we would need to clarify a few things:
-Do you have a second Soundtouch speaker? As the ST 10, 20 and 30 remotes use IR remotes and could be being picked up by the ST 10. 

-Do you have your Soundtouch 10 connected to the Soundtouch app? 

-Also how have you got your iPad connected to the Soundtouch 10, via Bluetooth or through the ST app?

I would recommend trying a power cycle, (turning the speaker off and unplugging from power for 30 seconds and plugging back in)
I would also recommend trying a reset and check to see if the volume control is affected after the reset.

To reset your ST 10 please follow the steps provided: 
- Ensure that your speaker is powered on. 
- Press and hold the system's 1 and Volume down buttons together for 10 seconds: All front LEDs glow solid after 1 second; after 10 seconds, all front LEDs blink white.
- Once the front LEDs blink white, release the buttons to reboot the system. The LEDs will move left to right during the reboot. 
- When the Wi-Fi indicator glows amber, open the Soundtouch app and reconnect the speaker to the app. 

If you are still having issues after trying these please do get back in touch!

Kind regards 
Liam - Community Support