vthebee
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Bose SoundTouch 10 amber light

When I turn on my SoundTouch 10 to a preset radio channel an amber light comes on. What does this mean. I have not changed anything from any previous settings. It just suddenly stopped working again. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose SoundTouch 10 amber light

Hi vthebee,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

Which LED is turning amber?  Is it the LED with the SoundTouch symbol?  If so, this means that the station you are trying to play is not working correctly.  Can you try playing the station or preset using the SoundTouch app instead of the preset button, and let us know if it shows an error code or error message?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

vthebee
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is the SoundTouch symbol that goes amber. 

I don’t think it’s an issue with the radio channel because it happens for every single preset radio channel I have. 

I tried on the app but it can’t find the speaker. I only just re-linked the speaker yesterday. It then worked and now when I tried the amber light comes on again and my app doesn’t find the speaker. 

Can you provide any advice?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again vthebee,

Thanks for the information.

If your SoundTouch App is also not able to find the SoundTouch 10 speaker, it sounds like the wireless router might be causing a communications issue between the devices.  Can you try unplugging the power to your wireless router for a minimum of 30 seconds, then reconnect power and test the speaker again?  It may take over a minute after power is reconnected for the speaker to play again.

Best,

Brandon