Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

Bose SoundTouch 20 Series iii and Mac 10.7.5

Can I connect by new Bose SoundTouch 20 Series iii to my older Mac 10.7.5? If so, how? The app says I need to find an app compatible with my Mac but I don't know where to find this. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Re: Bose SoundTouch 20 Series iii and Mac 10.7.5

Hi msbonnie,

Unfortunatelly you can't use the Bose app -> from the Sountouch support page:

System Requirements

Mac running OS X 10.8 or higher

PC running Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10

You can try to pair your Mac to the speaker via Bluetooth and use iTunes, Spotify etc. to play music to one Soundtouch, grouping speakers can only be done via the app.

Or try to use your your Smartphone to control the speaker(s) or if possible upgrade the OS to at least 10.8

Best regards,

Central

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2017

It's not right! You can not leave out of the blue a system leaving customers standing! My IMAC has not stopped working! It works exactly like 5 years ago when I bought it! Shame! It's incorrect! Why can not I go back to the previous version and ask to not update ??? The upgrades will make them when I decide to buy a new IMAC! You do not have to decide when you have to do it!

In your opinion does the bluetooth if SoundTouch is on the ground floor and the IMAC is 2 floors above ???!!!???

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi nicola.guzzo.1978

At Bose, we build our products to last, and our software is no exception. But sometimes, in order to push ahead with the newest technologies and offer the best app experiences possible, we need to end support for older versions of operating systems that might limit the SoundTouch experience we are trying to deliver.

We recognize that some owners choose to dedicate an older device in their home as the controller for SoundTouch, and as a result we try to support as many devices as possible for as long as we can. We love having you as part of the SoundTouch community, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2017

Hi, the problem is with the updating. In my freedom I want to be free to choose whether to update the device or not. It seems that the SoundTouch is always automatically update to the latest version and the same for Imac software.

Can I go back? Can I say to SoundTouch stop updating itself at the version of 2016? Can I do the same for the sotware SoundTouch iMac? Can I decide to update the SoundTouch when I will buy another Imac maybe in 10 years (or I send to the Apple finance crisis?)?

Today Bose does not give me this chance and I do not feel free to make that choice.

Bye