Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itjunky
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Bose SoundTouch 20 cant connect

I am trying to connect a new Soundtouch 20. I walk through the steps in the app but after I try to name the unit, I get a message that it can’t connect and join the speaker to my Soundtouch account.  

This is my 9th Soundtouch device. I have reset the device several times. It is not the router. I have connected many of these several times as I have moved with no problems. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose SoundTouch 20 cant connect

Author Accepted Answer selected by Itjunky

Hi Itjunky,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to connect your new SoundTouch 20 and would be happy to help you with this.

As the setup is running into the error after you have named your speaker, it definitely sounds like the speaker needs an update. 

You can find the full instructions on how to do this HERE. I would recommend you follow the process for manually updating with a USB cable.

If you follow those instructions to update your speaker and then go through the setup on the app, it should go through correctly.

Let me know how you get on.

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose SoundTouch 20 cant connect

Author Accepted Answer selected by Itjunky

Hi Itjunky,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to connect your new SoundTouch 20 and would be happy to help you with this.

As the setup is running into the error after you have named your speaker, it definitely sounds like the speaker needs an update. 

You can find the full instructions on how to do this HERE. I would recommend you follow the process for manually updating with a USB cable.

If you follow those instructions to update your speaker and then go through the setup on the app, it should go through correctly.

Let me know how you get on.

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!