Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naman1989
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Bose SoundTouch 30 Series 3 - Bass cuts off completely

Hi Team,

This is to bring to the kind notice of the concerned authorities that I have recently purchased a Bose Sound Touch 30 Series iii from Best Buy Store, New York City, on 17th May 2019 and gifted it to my relative.

Unfortunately and to my utter shock, as soon as the speaker was switched ON, and connected with relavant alternative devices, the Bass was cutting off every 5 secs, making the amplifier and woofer non-functional. 

Upon calling up the technical support team, on following the troubleshooting steps suggested by them, the speaker could not regain its promised state.

Ultimately I landed up to the Bose Service Center in Banglore, India, where my claim of getting the speaker replaced/repaired was rejected by the representative there. Instead I was asked to pay Rs 7500/- + GST for getting it repaired inspite of having an international warranty of 1 year from getting the same purchased.

The service center claims it to be a Power issue voltage capacity difference between US and India.

As a customer, I really want to claim the international warranty and claim a replacement for the product.

Requesting a prompt response from your end.

Thanks!

Naman 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose SoundTouch 30 Series 3 - Bass cuts off completely

Author Accepted Answer selected by naman1989
9 REPLIES 9
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Did you try to return it to the store where you bought it for a full refund?  Maybe not if you shipped it to a relative in India.

naman1989
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hey,

I stay in India, I was in US for a business trip, not sure when I can go back to return the same, but I guess International warranty is applicable and I can get the product replaced in India as well.

Looking out for an urgent and prompt help here, since its a concern of my reputation as well since it was a gift from my end.

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello naman1989,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 30. I know that you have already called the customer care team in India, however, I am sorry there is nothing that can be done over this platform. When you call the customer care team I would recommend that ask their advice on all options, not just service options. 

I am sorry I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C -Community Support 

naman1989
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hey Zoe,

The reason I posted on this forum is I would like to get a replacement of the product which is under warranty and if someone from the community team can help me take it up with the Customer support team in India, it would be of great help, as I am looking out for a prompt response which includes the device warranty and the customer support team in India is denying the same.

Kindly support the case.

Appreciate

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

US is 110 volts, India is 220 volts, I think.  Did you use some sort of converter?  Is that product approved for use with a converter?  If not, I doubt they are going to honor a warranty.  However, if you followed all of the Bose instructions for use on a 220 volt circuit they should honor your warranty.

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by naman1989
naman1989
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the link and information, but I have a quick question, when we know that the product is having Voltage issues in different regions, then why do we have have an International warranty for a particular product.

I do use an iphone X which was purchased in US and am using the same in India, I had a power issue which even the service center replaced with an adapter for the India variant.

My point at hand is why to label a product/variant with International warranty when the  specification (Voltage- major specification) is the prime concern. It will dishonor of having an international warranty.

I would like to be challenged here but the concern here is, if at the time of buying the same - the store representative or even the Bose website would have labeled this product as an exception from International warranty, I wouldnt have purchased this product rather would have chosen a different variant which would honor the International warranty - illustrating the same.

Let me know if I am wrong anywhere

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello naman1989,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I completely understand your frustration with the situation. Regrettably, we are not able to facilitate any repairs, exchanges, refunds or returns over the community forums. I would recommend that you air your concerns with the support team in your area for the most accurate information, to find the contact details please click HERE

Our warranty coverage is dependant upon the region that you're currently located within, and we resultantly do not have an international warranty policy in place. You can find more information on our regional coverage information HERE

I am sorry that we have not been able to assist you further via the community forums, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards.

Zoe C 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I'm just another customer trying to give you any useful information I could find.