Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraigF302271909
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

Bose SoundTouch App Update - 25.0.4 - May 19th 2020

SoundTouch 20. No longer part of group after last update.  Plays by itself but system does not see it as part of "Play All".

Bose wireless audio adaptor - New addition works as part of group

Bose SoundTouch Outdoor wireless system with 251 speakers working as part of group.

SoundTouch App Version: 23.0.0. Interface: 24.0.3

After trying to do the REQUIRED software update (Which would NOT COMPLETE) I lost the SoundTouch 20 speaker as part of my group.  The software will not control or recognize it even though I tried to re-connect it.  That failed as well.  And as part of this failure the software will not function without forcing me to try to update it even though that update will not complete.  

STOP making the updates MANDITORY.  My system worked fine, your update caused it to not function.  I am running SoundTouch on a MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.3 OS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose SoundTouch App Update - 25.0.4 - May 19th 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by CraigF302271909

Hi Craig!

If your SoundTouch app version is not updating to the latest, then this would likely be causing the other issues you are seeing here, so let's start by getting that up to date.

If the Mac app is not updating correctly through the prompt in the app, what you will need to do is download the latest version from our website HERE and install that. As you are using Catalina as your operating system, if this is the first time you have reinstalled the app on this computer, you may need to follow a few steps HERE to do so.

Once the app is fully updated, give your speaker and the groups a test and let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose SoundTouch App Update - 25.0.4 - May 19th 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by CraigF302271909

Hi Craig!

If your SoundTouch app version is not updating to the latest, then this would likely be causing the other issues you are seeing here, so let's start by getting that up to date.

If the Mac app is not updating correctly through the prompt in the app, what you will need to do is download the latest version from our website HERE and install that. As you are using Catalina as your operating system, if this is the first time you have reinstalled the app on this computer, you may need to follow a few steps HERE to do so.

Once the app is fully updated, give your speaker and the groups a test and let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post