Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clearcomms
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Re: SoundTouch app

Interested to see you say this isn’t an iOS 14 issue.

I can’t prove you wrong - but the app was running, and working, on my iPad Air 2 when I updated to iOS 14. And then, of course, it wasn’t. So it certainly looked like an OS incompatibility to me.

I hope this may help you to find a solution sooner; I’m sure everyone is doing their best!

Pellie
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

Re: Soundtouch App for iPad not working

Same symptoms for me.  Will not work on my iPad Air.  Works on iPad Pro, iPhone and PC,

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

We've identified a solution for this issue and will be launching an update to the Bose SoundTouch app for iOS users today.  All iOS customers should see version 26.0.1 available within the next 24 hours.  Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
smithmr
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Thanks for the information, and can confirm the update did resolve my issue. iPad Pro now working perfectly.  

Michael Chapman
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

Re: Bose SoundTouch App not loading on iPad

Strangely, the Bose app on my iPhone works perfectly.  I have deleted and reinstalled the Bose app on my iPad but it still hangs uselessly.  We Bose users pay a good price for our apparatus an deserve better.

GG OB
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

All working fine now on my IPad 5th Gen and iOS14 - delete app and reinstall and allow the app to look for devices. 

All is well that ends well! 
Gerry 

JakeyB
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Excellent response Bose. Uninstall/reinstall has returned functionality to my iPad Pro!

Pops
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

Pops,

I have an old iPad2 last iOS which was compatible with iPad2 was iOS 9.3.2. The new ST App works on this platform.

The other option is to install ST on my iPhone, which according to this thread works.

Bluetooth is not an option as well as the aux inputs, why? because you need ST App to set the SA-5 controls. 

The ST App allows the SA-5 to connect to SiriusXM, Spotify, Amazon etc. via internet/LAN But it needs ST app to connect. 

The issue I have is a lot consumers don't are not electronics savvy. They are hung out to dry. 

What about a restaurant or other venue that uses the SA-5 Amplifier to run the speaker systems?

They are pretty much screwed because they can't revert back to the previous level of ST.  

Albert: remember, some of the music services mentioned enable you to play on any ST speaker over your network in their app, no ST app or Bluetooth needed.

Thank you for sharing how you play your music and why you'd like to have ST app version reversion functionality. It's interesting how everyone's situation can be a little different!

In any case, looks like a fix is on its way. 
carolaustin
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

does this take a while to roll out to all countries? i'm in canada and don't see any update pending.

mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Update applied and iPad functionality has returned.