dcm9tt
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Bose SoundTouch ecosystem not compatible with new Bose Home Speaker / Soundbar

Like many of you, I have invested thousands of dollars in Bose products over the years. For the most part, they have worked well and I have been happy. Their software is at times troublesome, but the speakrs sound great.

I thought I would save people the trouble of searching for compatability related to the SoundTouch devices, by posting a thread with the subject line clearing up any ambiguity. 

I have been looking to add a soundbar to my home and wanted it to be compatible with my soundtouch speakers. I do not want to buy a previous model -- i'm aware bose has a sound touch soundbar. I called today and was informed that the SoundTouch systems will not work with any new system, and more specifically, will not work with the Bose Home Speaker / Bose  Soundbar. This was tough to hear after all the money I've plowed into the soundtouch speakers. The Bose Representative told me that there will be no compatability with future products for the soundtouch ecosystem. 

I was offered a buy-back of my current system at thirty cents on the dollar. This is an abysmal offer and will force me to consider other companies' products. Beware of purchasing SoundTouch systems if you want to add additional components in the future. 

6 REPLIES 6
enm007
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

Re: Bose SoundTouch ecosystem not compatible with new Bose Home Speaker / Soundbar

I agree, Bose surely cannot expect everyone to just upgrade all there system every two - three years, There has to be some backwards compatibility. Bose you really have showed no interest in really developing the original software for soundtouch devicess and seem to have been strigning everyone along with promises here and there while in the background developing a competley new infrastructure. I welcome a response as to how the old tech will work with the new.

dcm9tt
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Re: Bose SoundTouch ecosystem not compatible with new Bose Home Speaker / Soundbar

They certainly show no interest in connecting the two different ecosystems. However, they will still happily sell the dated, and abandonned, soundtouch products. I doubt many people purchasing the soundtouch devices understand that a superior product, without any backward compatability, is also being offered by the company. 

Eferraz
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

I am very interested to here from some bose moderator due to that even today high end bose broducts work with soundtouch Lifestyle 650 home entertainment system.  What we can expect on future?? even thought soundtouch ecosys is even bigger 

dcm9tt
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Yes, it would be great to hear from the Bose staff. Maybe they have something in mind. 

KyleHancock
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Bose has moved numerous threads about this over the last few months.  Here was one of the originals...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/So-Bose-has-moved-on-from-SoundTouch-we-should-too/td-p/142...

Td213
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

I have to say.. I completely agree here. I rarely post on forums and I felt it necessary to create an account and post here how upset I am. I’ve spent thousands with Bose over the years and referred family and friends over and over again. The fact that the latest line of speakers won’t work with the SoundTouch app is absolutely depressing. The main purpose of SoundTouch was the mutliroom compatibility. The fact that I can’t buy new speakers and have them sync is beyond me from a technical and business standpoint.

The fact that Bose is locking threads regarding this like the one you posted above is also absolutely abysmal.

I really hope this business decision is rethought out.