Highlighted
disappointedinbose
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2016

Re: Bose SoundTouch is going to go the path of Blackberry

Nice, politically correct letter above from Bose, except it's nothing more than an ad. Not a single word addressing the issues were all having. I'm sitting here once again with a really expensive Soundtouch Music System IV that I paid a premium price for, and the stupid software won't work to connect to the computer, internet and radio is all that works. 5 minutes or 5 hours later (its totally random) all of a sudden it will work, maybe a minute, mable a few hours. Three internet connections/computers in different locations, constant resetting just trying to get it to work. BOSE do you have any idea of the grief this terrible software is causing us??? You got our money (no more thats for sure). Dumping my brand new Soundtouch Music System IV on ebay. I should take a sledgehammer to it on Youtube, then maybe Bose will finally stop telling us about all the great things coming and actually fix the broken mess. P.S. No more need for letters from the Product Line Manager. It's evident how much he cares about our issues. It's all apparently about sell, sell, sell!
Highlighted
cadillacmike
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

First, We have Blackberry Z10s here, and we're not getting rid of them, at least not yet.  😉
OK, I just bought a Soundtouch Wave music system IV. Got it  as a replacement for a 31 year old AW-1.Yeah that thing still worked, but the sound would Buzz out every so often requiring one to go shut it off and move the volume, bass and treble controls a bunch of times and then turn it back on. This usually happend while I was in the pool. Dirty internal contacts. So I sent it to Bose and got a slight reduction on the new Wave system IV.
Haven't set it up yet, just verified CD operation.
First of all, I am NOT amused about the LACK of an identifying label with the WiFi MAC address on the outside. I have to go all the way in to a wired or USB computer connection. Even my tiny intel mini PCI WiFi cards for my ThinkPads have the MAC address on them, but you can't fit it on a gigantic Bose wave?? I need the MAC to put it in the allowed list in my router.
Next, WHY can't the unit send CD or radio to another Soundtouch system? The signal is already inside the unit, Why can't you route it out the WiFi or Bluetooth connection to another soundtouch system. This makes it FAR less desirable for me to purchase another soundtouch product of any size, because it's far less flexible. I might as well put out the big Acoustic Wave system II instead. Yeah, I have one of those as well, which brings up another complaint. Why can't the Acoustic Wave II CD changer play MP3 CDs?????????? The main unit can, did Bose cheap out on this?? What makes the newer unit any different from the old CD changer from the 90s???
Back to the Wave Soundtouch IV, There's a USB port (actually 2). Why could you have the system accept those ports as innput sources????? Again, it would not require anything mechanical, but no Bose apparently couldn't be bothered. Even (one of) my car's radios can accept a USB directly pluugged in and will play several audio formats. and that thing only coase about $130 with a free installation.
I'm not a Bose basher (there are too many of them out there). I liked my old AW-1. I had it for 31+ yrears and its serial # 0943 made it one of the first 1000 ever made. I used it on beaches, on the pool deck, even in the car a few times  way back. Never took it on the boat. That's why I got another and the Wave radioSoundtouch. And my mom has a Lifestyle (20 i think) which she likes (CD and display not working, but that can be repaired, but not by Bose...)  I also have Bose system in my wife's CTS and my STS (10 speakers in her car and 15 in mine) . VERY nice systems, pleny of volume and incredible tonal range. I have still not gotten it loud enough to hear distortion in the STS.
However with the cost of these things, we expect a little bit more for our hard earned money, and I for one don't like shortcuts or things left out when they should have been easy to incorporate. I'll let someone reply before I go on.
Highlighted
cadillacmike
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

For all of you who can't connect reliably or at all using WiFi, connect it with a wire, at least to get something started. You can then try getting an updated SW, etc. I'm going to set mine up wired and leavwe it that way. I have to buy an 4or 8 port expansion unit, but it will be worth it to have a reliable connection. I ran a 100' GB ethernet cord to my main computer to avoid wireless on this Thinkpad. It's Much faster and more secure as well.
Highlighted
mradbose99
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2016

Hi - I have been following this post with interest. I have a Bose Wave Soundtouch system, Soundtouch 20, and soundtouch 10 im my house, so a considerable investment in Bose. I am looking forward to the updates, especially the new re-designed app. I share the frustration of music services support. I am a Amazon prime user as well as spotify, and so far Amazon Music is only available in the USA... I would love to know when this is being planned for the UK, and if we are likely to get it in 2017!?? - Also we were previously advised about a AUX re-broadcast feature coming to allow a AUX source to be played multi-room - I see no mention of this? - as were now well into November, can you give us a date of when this update is being released? - I assume within the next few weeks!!! - Thanks Matt
edtims
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2016

Man i know we are still in nov. but i do not have a lot of patience anymore. i waited for more then a year to get stereo on my 10's. How hard can it be?
The software is still a mess and i have no hope that bose get it right later. Know that i never advise others to buy bose but say they need to go to Sonos.
Highlighted
Roy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2016

I agree, soon the Bose sounf systems will be no more. They have missed an entire market share, providing a product that can integrate additipnal components like remote speakers easily, they are behind the curve with meaningful features. Seeing what tehy are 'proud to release' in the near future makes me wonder who they are listening to fo input. They like the Democrat party in the recen election have not been listening to mainstream users, not everyone is an audiophile, nor can afford to be. That doesnt mean the Bose shouldn't or can't have a line of products for that market sector. But there is much $$ to be made serving the rest of us. Sonos and products like that will continue to kick Bose's butt until Bose is no more. Bose can cite all the market research tehy want, but tehir focus =groups or Market Feedback Analysis is pointed at the wrong market.
Highlighted
CentralBK
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

At least the stereo pairing is there, unfortunatelly I don't have two ST10, i have two ST20.
Someone can test?
Highlighted
DAMS
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 6, 2015

I have a new app icon only. Have two ST10 for more than a year and still can't test. But tommorow will test the new Play 1s which arraiving and holfully will not bother anymore for the lack of innovation here. Cheers!!!
Highlighted
ET3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2016

Play 1s go on sale on Black Friday 
Highlighted
ET3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2016