Highlighted
cookieplanter
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 27, 2016

Re: Bose SoundTouch is going to go the path of Blackberry

As an owner / user from India, where only Apple Music is legally available, it is a critical service for you to support.

Highlighted
apribram
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

There are also many of us who cannot get the system to cooperate with our Wifi networks. So it means we're stuck with AUX or Bluetooth, and no preprograming, no app. The help here to get us on board and in the ecosystem is bad. Will the new soundtouch release address wifi connectivity issues?
Highlighted
brettski1968
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2016

Jason, subtlety doesn't seem to be working here so let's be blunt, and let's see if you start to appreciate how frustrating this exercise has been for customers who are loyal to the BOSE brand, because I think maybe all your tech gurus should start learning the phrase "would you like fries with that?" and find new jobs. 
This is issue with the apps, in my case the iPhone app and the Mac app has been going on for near on 2 months. I think in that time there have been 2 updates for each platform, neither of them fixing my problems. BOSE tech support in Australia who have been fantastic, managed to get my system working with Plex Server, however the latest update has now rendered that useless.
I note in your reply about all the things slated in for integration into the app. Seriously Jason, you can't even get people's iTunes libraries to work, so how the f'ing hell can we have confidence that you can deliver all these things without then f'ing something else up ?? 
I urge people in this community to start contacting your local BOSE dealers to keep them abreast of the situation. Also, write an app review on the apple App Store on the soundtouch controller app which I have already done.
This is now beyond a joke. Clearly BOSE doe not have the personnel with the necessary expertise to write software for their equipment. Once a BOSE advocate, not anymore !!
Highlighted
vivekcyrus
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

Atleast open-source your software, i am pretty sure you will have more answers then! I am just struggling to integrate my SoundTouch system, which I have paid so much, with all the songs from my phone/ or even other external music libraries such Wynk
Highlighted
DoorGuy500
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 22, 2016

I'm glad to hear all the frustration here. I'm ashamed of my not too recent Bose purchase and wish I had a chance to reeturn  it. But found out too late the product (home theatre) speaker system I thought I was buying, does not play the audoi codecs. I have the Bose soundTouch Home theatre system, fully installed it, climbed around in the hot attic, ran the (proprietary) wire for the speakers, hooked it all up ran the  Acoustimass sound profile for my room. Then as the weeks went by, it was evident that the system is playing in stereo, with  no opportunity fo r me to manually adjust the system to my tastes. Then found I could not get sound out of my NAS movie library. It appears Bose forgot to make the codecs available for DTS-HD, AAC, and I get spotty performace with th Dolby Digital. Since I have this set up to my television, I also use an over the air antenna but the Bose Soundtouch 530 cuts in and out on even that signal. The only help I can get from the system is a simple message on the front screen of the Soundtouch unit that reads - reaady.... "ERROR'.  That's it. I've posted before, bt am unable to get back to my original post to provide additional information. I can see the post, but when I attempt to reply, I get the mesage must be logged i to post. I am logged in, but that doesn't matterr to these guys. The login link is broken and so the post is locked, I guess. 
Cleary Bose is unconcerned with my problem. Why is therrre not a simple liink on "my Account" settings to folow the posts I posted, and maintain a subscription to anny others I find interresting or pertinent? every forum I know of allows for that, except Bose. So that means this one is at least 7-10 years behind the curve. Had I known all this, I would cerrtainly stay away from Bose. I cannot get a simple question answered. Frustrating to say the least

DoorGuy500
Highlighted
microbmen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2015

would be nice if the soundtouch server / itunes windows media integrator injected AirPlay... since they removed AirPlay support at the device level, why cant AirPlay be a source through the software?   even if I had to buy a peice of hardware that gave airplay as a source for soundtouch i would buy it.
also DLNA certification is frustrating... support DLNA already .. geez... at least it should be getting better with each software increment.
Highlighted
sokpo1
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2015

Hi SADLoyalist, I gave up a long time ago trying to run my Soundotuch 30 and Soundtouch 20 to work over wireless, patchy, intermittent and totally useless, ended up with two bluetooth receivers plugged into the aux in port.  Did all the phoneing support, changed router 3 times and now i only try it when there is a software upgrade in the hope..... love the sound but the software is pants!
Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with the Bose equipment I have purchased. The ST30 and Cinemate 130 sounds great and offers simple easy to use features. Also very good build quality.
I use apple Airport Express and Apple TV to get around the lack of Apple Music and Airplay on the systems. Too bad Bose can't offer better integration on that level. 
I see Sonos is now providing access to Apple Music along with a huge list of other providers. Makes me wonder what is going on between Apple and Bose these days. Also makes me wonder why Sonos can be so responsive to consumer requests by providing access to all these services and Bose doesnt appear to be able to do the same. Which is a shame because I think the Bose products sound and perform better!
Finally: I have posted a couple questions to the Bose moderators, Jason and George, about 4K upgrades and the forum in general...no answers. Should I direct my inquiries elsewhere?
Highlighted
Dongle_Included
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 23, 2016

Y'all need to quit whining like children.
Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I attended an audio technology show this weekend in Victoria and thouroughly enjoyed the event. The bulk of the presentations were around wireless audio. All the big outfits were there... Sonos, Naim,Yamaha, NAD/BlueSound and Audioquest. All in all a very good showing. Strangely and sadly absent... BOSE. The event was hosted by a retailer that used to display BOSE products front and centre. This event was very well attended. Too bad because BOSE has plenty to offer in the wireless audio market. I certainly remain very happy with my Bose purchases and user experience. The more I explored the products at the show I realized how relevant digital music was becoming and how capable the products are. Even the "audiophiles" would be happy. This was very encouraging as a digital music enthusiast.
BOSE was an early adopter of the wireless technology, so much so, I thought SoundTouch was just plain weird a couple years ago. Now I have a full suite of SoundTouch products in my home and they work and sound great! Certainly on par with anything I saw this weekend except maybe the very high end Naim offerings.
I was at a Best Buy store recently, the Bose shelves were empty, just a bunch of wires. I find it troubling that Bose seems to be less and less present in the wild. This is too bad because BOSE has lots to offer.