Highlighted
Jai
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 12, 2016

Re: Bose SoundTouch is going to go the path of Blackberry

I hear a lot of complaints about intergration with Apple TV. I was one of them until I realised that unless Apple make changes to their systems, the two canot work together. They are two different concepts. Apple TV is not designed to broadcast.  In my set up, the Apple TV is connected to my trusty Lifestyle system via the optical connection. I was waiting for the 'Soundtouch Wireless Link adopter' (Yes, a mouthful) so that I can intergrate all the systems. What I hate is the number of cables, connections etc., I purchased my lifestyle system initially to avoid running far too many cables with the traditional pre-amp, amp, dvd, tuner +++ set up. I feel that the process is still WIP and may take sometime before settling in. Bose has always been good and planning for the future, but the wifi and internet appears to have been not in the plan.  My Lifestyle system is over 10 years old, but the sound quality is still better/equal to the systems available in the market.  Intergration may continue to be a challenge when technology changes fast.
Highlighted
JB2
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2016

Jai,
Understood, Apple TV does not broadcast but Bose SoundTouches do.
If Bose would simply allow the AUX input on the SoundTouch system to broadcast , it would pacify so many disgruntled Bose customers.
My Apple TV4 is hdmi'ed to the AUX input on the ST system and if I could play that around the house & yard on other ST speakers and systems I would be a happy man and probably never post again.
Highlighted
sunclep
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2015

Nice post...SADLoyalist..
I completely agree with whatever you mentioned. Esp integration with Amazon Alexa and IFTTT. I was just wondering if I made a mistake buying the Soundtouch 130.
I could have connected my Companion 5 speakers to Amazon Dot and used the best of the two.
But reading another post I came to know that Bose is actively working on a skill for Amazon Alexa.
This gave me some hope.....
Good job Bose....Finally someone in the management is taking things seriously.
Highlighted
Old_Foxy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2016

Is the new app some kind of bad joke? In one swift move Bose have degraded my purchase (Wave Sound Touch and Sound Touch 20). I cannot use the bluetooth to stream BBC iplayer (for catch-up radio), YouTube or non-premium Spotify. How come these are all available to Chromecast but available through Bose bluetooth? Just what use is the bluetooth since the"upgrade'?
Highlighted
Straytshooter
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2016

Mike Angelo,  don't tell me about the new exciting stuff coming up.  Tell me when you're going to fix what I already bought.  My Soundtouch 20 doesn't work and Bose offers no help.
Highlighted
Howieg1966
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 14, 2016

Does anyone else have a probem with the wireless connection tot he bose.  I keep having to plug each system into my pC with the USB as they dont register.  It is frustrating as hell and I know my friends with the SONos system dont have the same problem.  Is there any way around this or is it time to move systems.  Please help.
Highlighted
edtims
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2016

First we promised to get a nov. update now i have to wait again to 1 dec. I want my goddamn stereo on my 10. I know you say it is coming but after waiting for more then a year i do not want to wait a day longer. Somehow i do not believe it is coming on or before 1 dec. I want stereo( who the hell tought it was a nice idee to ship those speakers without stereo anyway) and i want it now goddamn.
I am sorry for my way of speaking but i have 2 speakers a 400 euro who only can play mono in fucking 2016 and we get promis after promis and never get anything. If i do not get the update on 1 dec  want my money back. even after i had them for more then a year. this is fraud.
BOSE why the hell are you working like this? do want to have a bad reputation?
Highlighted
DefSteff
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

JB10,
just to understand correctly, you've got you Apple TV 4 connected via HDMI to the TV and the the TV to the ST300 via HDMI ARC?
Also, this doesn't let you play it on other devices (like ST10) around the house?
Thanks for any feedback.
Highlighted
das709
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 6, 2016

I too am a little frustrated with my Soundtouch System, I have a Soundtouch 20 & 10. What I am most disppointed in is the user interface I find it very sparce and not graphically pleasing. Things I'd like to see improved is graphically listing my libray icons large enough to see, to be able to que albums or songs and to create playlists. I'm also dissappointed that it dosen't support Google Play Music (not an Apple user or fan). When I decided to go with the Soundtouch system I was torn between it and Sonos. I'm beginning to think I may have made the wrong choice.

Highlighted
edtims
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2016

Dear Bose buyers we do not give a shit about you. The november update we give on dec 1? but it is not coming today, we do like you to buy bose shit but then we are giving you the middle finger. if to many people are complaining we trow them a bone but we never do what we promis. WTF Bose you idiots have me hanging for fucking stereo for over a year. PEOPLE DO NOT BUY BOSE GO FOR SONOS