Highlighted
disappointedinbose
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2016

Re: Bose SoundTouch is going to go the path of Blackberry

Just installed the latest update. HORRIBLE! Screwed up all my bose systems, mac, android and ipad. Spent 1 1/2 hours (mostly on hold) with the indian call center who refused to connect me with someone who could actually help. What idiot designed this? You now have to click multile buttons just to select a preset! The one thing that you do ALL THE TIME. I've had bose equip. for over 35 years. This software is the worst I've ever seen and just check out the ratings on the internet. Bad, very bad. Thanks BOSE. Once again you proved how little you care about your customers. You used to be a GREAT company. btw. dump the indian call center. It's costing you more business that the money it's saving you.
Highlighted
disappointedinbose
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2016

Well the good and the bad..music libarys finally work again. Lost bluetooth so now you can't control your bose radio volume control from the computer. For someone that uses the interface all the time, it's incredibly inconvient now. This new software update today is one step forward, and three steps back. Multiple clicks just to select a preset now? Have your engineers ever actually used a radio? I wouldn't know as it is impossible to get past your indian call center. You put settings on the first screen (useless as it's rarely accessed), then presets, that are used all the time, are buried on another screen? Improve the API (it's pretty useless as it is), and let us design the software. You make great radios. Software is not your forte.
Highlighted
disappointedinbose
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2016

It just keeps getting better...The new update, now we have no control over the cd or aux port as well as losing Bluetooth where we could play what was running on the computer (movies, webinars, etc.). Thanks Bose. Are you going out of your way just to upset your customers? You dumbed down this app so much, we lost half the features built into the radio. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? I guess it's just as much a waste of time here to post issues as it is talking to your foreign call center, as no one from Bose seems to care.
Highlighted
flusher
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

I think I've reached breaking point with my Wave Soundtouch.  I bought one of the first Wave radios when they came out - it was great.  I bought one of the updated CD Wave's when they came out - also great.  This Soundtouch Wave has been nothing but frustration.  I can't stream audio over WiFi without it reconnecting every 10 seconds.  This is in a location where I can stream HD video to a tablet on the same network.  The Wave seems to have a tiny audio buffer and a terrible WiFi radio that needs a ton of signal to work reliably.  But then again the Bluetooth is pretty unreliable too even when the Bluetooth source is right next to the Wave.  Maybe Bose forgot to include antennas?  So right now I have a very expensive clock radio.  And speaking of a clock, who had the bright idea of designing a network connected clock where the clock can't be set over the network?  I should be able to point the Wave at an NTP server and forget about it.  I have a Sonos system in the house as well and that works like a dream.  Zero drop outs and super easy configuration.
I've had lots of Bose products over the years but buying a Wave Soundtouch was a big and expensive mistake that I truly regret.  This thing is a pile of fail.

Highlighted
ThomasL
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

My Soundtouch IV Wave Radio worked terribly on arrival a year ago. I was able to connect ot interent and my NAS but ANY stream sounded like shit. After spending a few hours with support they escalated the issue to a product manager who OK'd a replacement in the mail - ONE WEEK OLD! New radio worked fine but the software issues mentioned by everyone fianlly plagued me too. Version 12 app seeemed like the last good app thaty worked. Version 13 - well forget about it. Could NEVER find my system on the network - never mind installing with a USB from my laptop and being just a feet from the new dual band router (does it even know about the upper band?). Version 14 now FINALLY works somewhat! I am guarded because the app finds my system and turns in on - and plays internet radio. It still WON'T play nice with my Buffalo NAS drive with my huge music library on it. It sees all the titles but if you pick one - it sort of loads - then just says "Ready To Play.' What's up with that? I like the sound of this radio and paid a ton of dough - like eveyone I hope BOSE gets with it. Soon.