Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

Audible Advocate

Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

I also bought sound bar 700 without noticing the issue with TV connections with HDMI arc cable. Can Bose technical team give us a standard trouble shooting flow/ guide for fixing the issue. Looks like Bose guys are not keen on fixing the issue. So many complaints on this and i can't get a correct guide from Bose. Appreaciate you guys can look into the issue and get a solution for all.

My TV is Samsung QA65Q6FNA with version T-KTM2UABC-1202.3

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

Hi, RS, P.

Welcome to the community, and thanks for posting. The most reliable solution that we have found to re-initiate the HDMI handshake between Samsung TVs and our soundbars is as follows:

• First, in your TV's settings menu, ensure that HDMI-CEC is enabled. On a Samsung, HDMI-CEC is called Anynet+, and the option to enable it is usually in 'Settings>System>Expert Settings'.

• Unplug the TV and the Bose system from power and let them fully discharge.

• Remove the HDMI cable from both ends: from the TV and the soundbar.

• Wait for over one minute to ensure that everything has discharged fully.

• Plug the TV and the soundbar back in. Power them both up and wait until both devices have booted fully.

• Insert the HDMI cable into the soundbar, then insert the other end into the TV.

To route the audio to the soundbar, you may have to look in the TV's sound settings menu and set the 'Audio Out' device to "HDMI/Receiver".

Please let us know how you get on with this, and if you discover anything that I have missed which others might find useful.

Audible Advocate

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

Thanks Bose for the simple step. It works for reconnect my TV to sound bar. When I change the sound bar source to my mobile phone through bluetooth it also work fine. BUT when I want to go back to TV , the sound loss. The TV screen sound option still shows as HDMI out and shows signal out, but there is no more sound from soundbar. Looks like some conflicts on sound bar with the switching fuction ( not sure is the bug from the highly innovated remote control or some software bugs on sound bar). Is there any fix available or any step I need to follow when changing sound source to sound bar.

Hope you guys can help to give me some fix on this.

Hi RS P, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm glad the steps managed to resolve the issue in some part. Currently with HDMI ARC, there are intermittent issues with this as you mentioned. Typically we would advise to unplug the speaker from power a for 30 seconds and reconnect. this typically resolved this audio source switch issue. Alternatively, we would recommend using an optical cable if your TV support this.

Have a great day.

Leon_C - Community support

Audible Advocate

1. HDMI ARC connection had the best sound experience on Bose 700 sound bar. You guys really need help customers to fix the intermittent known issue with HDMI arc connection. Please help to update us once you got a solution. 

2. For the time being I will switch to optical cable, even though I really dont like this. Hope you guys declare this as current solution and give us a timeline for fixing the issue. 

Have a great day

Audible Advocate

Same problem here!

@RS P wrote:

1. HDMI ARC connection had the best sound experience on Bose 700 sound bar. You guys really need help customers to fix the intermittent known issue with HDMI arc connection. Please help to update us once you got a solution. 

2. For the time being I will switch to optical cable, even though I really dont like this. Hope you guys declare this as current solution and give us a timeline for fixing the issue. 

Have a great day

Highlighted

Hi All,

I believe there may be one more thing we can try to resolve this issue you are all having.

We are looking for a setting along the lines of 'HDMI Audio Format'. This should be located under Sound Settings, possibly under expert settings. We need to make sure this is set to PCM. This is what we recommend as our products communicate best on this format.

Please try this and let us know if you have any success.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I did verified the setiing, My TV is set at "PCM" , and issue still persist. 

No success...

Hello RSP,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

It sounds like your TV may not be compatible with the Soundbar, this can happen as most TV manufacturers use their own CEC protocol which makes it very difficult to standardise ARC functionally. So in this case I would recommend using the optical connection instead of ARC.

I hope this helps, should you need any further assistance do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Audible Advocate

Hi Zoe C, Looks like very easily you guys solved the issue. Prefer you guys can have a list of equipment that not compactable with Bose products will be good for customers so that we wont chase you guys for solution. 

Continue this approach of problem solving, you guys can become market leaders.

Have a graet day