cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orangetigerbite
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Bose Soundtouch 10 - 2 users, 2 locations, 2 Bose Solo 5, 6 Soundtouch 10 speakers - how to?

In my apartment ive got a solo 5 and 4 soundtouch 10 speakers.   no problem there. everything works well and usually is ok with alexa.  my boyfriend lives across the street and when he comes over likes to use the soundtouch app from my network and or via bluetooth or airplay. thats fine.   

for his bday, i got my boyfriend for HIS apartment: a solo 5 and his parents got him 2 soundtouch 10 speakers. hes using the solo5 for everything right now until i set up his soundtouch 10 speakers. my issue: using mobile app...do i make a separate account for his?  it will be on his network... do we have to log out  and log back in to the soundtouch app whenever we change locations between his apartment and mine?  is there a way to create a secondary location with his wifi, his speakers, his soundbar without logging out? how should i set this all up? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundtouch 10 - 2 users, 2 locations, 2 Bose Solo 5, 6 Soundtouch 10 speakers - how to?

Author Accepted Answer selected by orangetigerbite

Hey Orangetigerbite, thanks for your message. It sounds like you've been enjoying your SoundTouch speakers! Happy to help with your query.

A SoundTouch account is associated with a single email address. SoundTouch speakers can be associated with one SoundTouch account/email at any one time. As a result, there are two possible paths that you could take.

Firstly, you could use two independent SoundTouch accounts. One for your home, and one for your boyfriend, each using your own email addresses for your associated speakers. When you visit his home and would like to use the SoundTouch app to operate the corresponding speakers, you will have to sign out of your account. However, if you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the speakers in his home, when returning to the "Sign in" page you should be presented with his email address to quickly sign in.

Alternatively, you could use your current SoundTouch account to interact with, and control, the speakers in both homes. It's important to note that you will only have access to the speakers that are physically with you. For example, you will have access to your four SoundTouch 10 speakers while at your home, and the two SoundTouch 10 speakers that are located at your boyfriend's home will show as "Searching for speaker".

I personally take the first approach. My family members have their own SoundTouch accounts, for which I am easily able to access when visiting by signing out of my account within the app. Their email addresses are typically pre-populated on the sign-in page, as I'm currently connected to the same network as their SoundTouch speakers. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundtouch 10 - 2 users, 2 locations, 2 Bose Solo 5, 6 Soundtouch 10 speakers - how to?

Author Accepted Answer selected by orangetigerbite

Hey Orangetigerbite, thanks for your message. It sounds like you've been enjoying your SoundTouch speakers! Happy to help with your query.

A SoundTouch account is associated with a single email address. SoundTouch speakers can be associated with one SoundTouch account/email at any one time. As a result, there are two possible paths that you could take.

Firstly, you could use two independent SoundTouch accounts. One for your home, and one for your boyfriend, each using your own email addresses for your associated speakers. When you visit his home and would like to use the SoundTouch app to operate the corresponding speakers, you will have to sign out of your account. However, if you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the speakers in his home, when returning to the "Sign in" page you should be presented with his email address to quickly sign in.

Alternatively, you could use your current SoundTouch account to interact with, and control, the speakers in both homes. It's important to note that you will only have access to the speakers that are physically with you. For example, you will have access to your four SoundTouch 10 speakers while at your home, and the two SoundTouch 10 speakers that are located at your boyfriend's home will show as "Searching for speaker".

I personally take the first approach. My family members have their own SoundTouch accounts, for which I am easily able to access when visiting by signing out of my account within the app. Their email addresses are typically pre-populated on the sign-in page, as I'm currently connected to the same network as their SoundTouch speakers. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

orangetigerbite
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Andy - thank you! 🙂 ill post which i decide to use... im thinking probably #2 since i manage most of the tech stuff and he wants it to be easy and just wants to play music... but #1 may make more sense due to his extensive home-based music library, tbd. i really appreciate how you clearly and concisely walked through both paths and explained each.